If Actions Speak Louder Than Words, Then Actions x2 Speak Louder Than Actions
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
One of the Original Twelve
mbmbmbmbmb
I heard a rumor lately that Samurai Swords/Shogun would soon be reprinted. Anyone else hear of this? Release dates? Quality?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
If Actions Speak Louder Than Words, Then Actions x2 Speak Louder Than Actions
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
One of the Original Twelve
mbmbmbmbmb
ejamer wrote:
you aren't thinking about the redevelopment of Wallenstein (which will be re-themed to a Japanese setting and called Shogun) are you?

No, but I saw that and it does look interesting. Even though, I've never played Wallenstein. I'll probably pick up Shogun/Wallenstein.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CHAPEL
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmb
This may not pertain to that rumour. But Rio Grande Games is coming out with a wallenstein retheme called "Shogun". Which I for one am looking forward too..

ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Brooks
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Some are born to move the world To live their fantasies But most of us just dream about The things we'd like to be Sadder still to watch it die Than never to have known it For you, the blind who once could see The bell tolls for thee...
mbmbmbmbmb
Last September there was an "announcement" that there would be an "old school reprint" coming soon from Hasbro/WOTC/Avalon Hill. See this thread:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/78741/page/1

I haven't heard anything since, but I suppose Samurai Swords could be a possibility. The Milton Bradley Gamemaster series is part of the Borg, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Thomas
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope it is being reprinted. The number of times I have said to someone looking for a game that what they want is Samurai Swords...

Fortress America: Would be interesting to read the new backstory.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

I hope someone can confirm this so I can decide to dump one of my copies or not (I have both Shogun and Samurai Sword versions).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Kaiser
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jim.brooks10 wrote:
Last September there was an "announcement" that there would be an "old school reprint" coming soon from Hasbro/WOTC/Avalon Hill. See this thread:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/78741/page/1

I haven't heard anything since, but I suppose Samurai Swords could be a possibility. The Milton Bradley Gamemaster series is part of the Borg, right?

But that announcement specifically mentioned the game as being an old school AH game so the GameMaster series wouldn't fit that criteria.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.