Popular Tags: [View All]
Rhonda
United States
Avon Lake
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
WHEN is the BGG Con? I'm trying to make plans for time off.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwayne Hendrickson
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm shooting for the first weekend in November. I can't remember Derk & Aldie's reasoning, but I assumed it was because it was close to my birthday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Derk appears from the mists...
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
It's looking very likely to be held on November 9th through the 12th... But I can't guarantee those dates. I can say that we're talking with the hotels right now tho.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris B
United States
Oxford
Mississippi
flag msg tools
Hotty Toddy Rebels!
badge
Lets go Blues!
mbmbmbmbmb
That's a great weekend. Ole Miss is off that weekend with our Arch-Rival LSU the next Saturday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Al Johnson
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Same hotel/location as last year?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Heath
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SybotCB wrote:
That's a great weekend. Ole Miss is off that weekend with our Arch-Rival LSU the next Saturday.

A beautifull song is playing in the back of my head for some reason...and I'm seeing a lot of MAROON. I don't think your arch-rival is LSU Sybot...they are your "we own you rival". An Arch Rival is somebody you have a chance at beating...

What happened to Bama? My reccollection is Bama and State are #1/#2 in the Alumni "we must beat them" category...

(A little cross-MS prod for those who don't recognize it...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Ellingson
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
derk wrote:
It's looking very likely to be held on November 9th through the 12th... But I can't guarantee those dates. I can say that we're talking with the hotels right now tho.

I can get behind those dates, if only because I would only have to take one day off of work to attend, since the Friday is a holiday for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Pennisi
United States
Carpentersville
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
derk wrote:

Veteran's Day Weekend? U Rock.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris B
United States
Oxford
Mississippi
flag msg tools
Hotty Toddy Rebels!
badge
Lets go Blues!
mbmbmbmbmb
jaredh wrote:
TWhat happened to Bama? My reccollection is Bama and State are #1/#2 in the Alumni "we must beat them" category...

Pretty much any SEC West game is a rivalry as the whole league is storied. However, there are games that are bigger than others, and the game most people get excited about every year is the LSU game. They are Ole Miss' traditional Rivalry. That is the game we want to win more than any other in any year. The MSU game is a game we're supposed to win every year.

Ed: Sorry messed up the quoting in the first one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Heath
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SybotCB wrote:
jaredh wrote:
TWhat happened to Bama? My reccollection is Bama and State are #1/#2 in the Alumni "we must beat them" category...

Pretty much any SEC West game is a rivalry as the whole league is storied. However, there are games that are bigger than others, and the game most people get excited about every year is the LSU game. They are Ole Miss' traditional Rivalry. That is the game we want to win more than any other in any year. The MSU game is a game we're supposed to win every year.

Ed: Sorry messed up the quoting in the first one.

Supposed to win...but only do about 50%...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Hunt
United States
Roseville
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
derk wrote:

Cool! My daughter won't hate me for being out of state on her birthday this year!

(Hey! I was able to tip Derk 0.02 - though the geekcents don't show in the tip jar)

Just my 0.02

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris B
United States
Oxford
Mississippi
flag msg tools
Hotty Toddy Rebels!
badge
Lets go Blues!
mbmbmbmbmb
jaredh wrote:
Supposed to win...but only do about 50%...

By my calculations we are 58-38-6 against MooU A far cry above 50%. I wish that I had that good a record in E&T.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lori
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Could someone please say where it is?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Reed
United States
College Station
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Unless something has changed from prior posts by Aldie and Derk, it will be in the Dallas metro area.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.