United States
Perry Hall
Maryland
flag msg tools
IA!! IA!!
badge
FTAGHN!
mbmbmbmbmb
Recently, I pre-ordered Comands & Colors: ancients From GMT Games, and they supposedly shipped yesterday. I did not recieve an email about shipping, so I phoned the company to see if they sent those, or if I would just recieve the game in the mail.

The woman on the phone, Elizabeth, checked the list, and said that though I was Charged for the game, I was not on the ship list. She said she would put it in the mail, in a next-day airmail. She said I should recieve it tomorrow!

Needless to say, I was very impressed. I had just called to inquire, and they went above and beyond to fix the issue with much more speed than I would have expected. Having worked with a lot of companies in my time, I can say that this is really excellent.

As an aside, I find that somewhat smaller companies typically have the time to do stuff like this, while larger companies don't.

Anyway, Big kudos for GMT. I will definately be buying from them in the future.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Earl Schultz
South Korea
USAG Humphreys - Pyeongtaek, South Korea
US Armed Forces - Pacific
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for reminding me I need to drop them a "Thank You" note as well.

Along your lines I had called and due to the bad connection here in Afghanistan what I said versus what the nice lady heard didn't work out right.

I followed it up with an email and the response I got was so far off base from what I was expecting that I couldn't simple believe it.

I agree the customer service support and effort that they take to ensure there customer is happy is above and beyond what you could ever expect from any other operation.

Gene if your reading this I hope you understand what I am saying.

Earl

SFC Schultz, FOB Salerno, Afghanistan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan O'Rourke
United States
Tobyhanna
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Good for you, I got a notice from UPS last night that mine is arriving next Tuesday. I guess I'll be OK till then.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Smith
United States
Perry Hall
Maryland
flag msg tools
IA!! IA!!
badge
FTAGHN!
mbmbmbmbmb
well, it was certainly not my intention to "butt in line" so to speak, I was just calling to find out how the process worked (I had not ordered from gmt before) the next-day thing gmt suggested, not me. But it was nice for them to admit the mistake, not many other companies would do that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.