Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Magic Pink
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I got an encounter in the Arkham Police Station that let me search the common item deck for the 45 Revolver. There was a 38 Rvolver and a 45 Automatic but no 45 Revolver. Am I missing that card or is the encounter wrong?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dave boulton
United Kingdom
etchingham
E. Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd noticed that one as well!

Personally I think its a typo and use the automatic

I'm pretty hazy on this but i think at the time .45 revolvers were pretty rare in America, the british army during teh WW1 used .45 revolvers while teh dough boys had Colt .45 model 1911s the british invented teh fast loader by putting .45 automatic (rimless) ammunition into little moon shaped thin metal clips so they could use automatic ammunition

Hmm sorry about the point there

Walker Red Eye

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Thomas
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They mean .45 Automatic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roland Strube
Germany
Mainz
RLP
flag msg tools
Actually, I think the .38 revolver would be more appropriate. If you get deputized, you get the deputy's revolver, which is equivalent to a .38 revolver. Also, I believe the .38 was the standard firearm for policemen in the US in the 20s.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Pytel
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be the 38. It's listed in the official errata or Q&A somewhere.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fredrik Bexborn
Sweden
Kalmar
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The official reply on this, from this thread:

in an arkham encounter card at the police station, it reads:

"If you succeed at a Luck (-1) check, then Deupty Dingby absentmindedly leaves you holding his gun. You may search the Common Item deck for a .45 Revolver card and take it."

It should be the .38 Revolver. Nobody trusts Deputy Dingby enough to give him a .45 Automatic
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.