Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I first brought this up here however I am still interested in hearing some responses.

http://boardgamegeek.com/article/766393#766393

What sorts of things do you and your fellow Santiago players use when negotiating? Without knowing the future plantation tiles or being able to directly transfer money, there's not a lot of things to offer in my opinion. At best you can offer to 'possibly' assist someone in the next round but in my experience this is very hard to enforce in practice.

I'm interested to know how a typical negotiation might work in your games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike K
United States
Fairless Hills
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that, like many games, it depends on the players involved. I was in a 5pl game not too long ago where one of the players basically told another, "You accept my bid now, or I'll screw you over for the rest of the game." Like something straight out of the Godfather.

Perhaps the game isn't supposed to be played that way, but many games with player interaction can have these kinds of shenanigans.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike N.
United States
Brunswick
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
houjix wrote:
On a slightly related note, one gamer I know was getting angry one night every time someone made a move that hurt them. The rest of us got a bit annoyed and confronted him about it. His response was that the hostility was part of his strategy to discourage us from making moves against him. It was one of most horrible things I've ever heard in my boardgaming career.

I'm just pleased that I don't think this was me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.