Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Dorrell
England
Darwen
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought fellow geeks might be interested to see my rethemed version of Pickomino so I've just posted up three jpegs here.

Firstly let me get the "legalities" out of the way. I own the original version of the game and only intend to have the rethemed version for my personal use.

This may be an age thing but I find friends and family take to the idea of playing for shields with axes etc. more readily than trying to win worms from a barbecue.

The thinner cards also pack away well so the game is even more portable.

General Picture of my redesigned components

Close up of some of the cards with shields replacing worms

The dice - I used axes rather than worms here

It keeps me out of mischief
Chris
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Synge
United Kingdom
NEWTON ABBOT
Devon
flag msg tools
badge
Go get 'em, Floyd.
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice idea! Very creative. I was conscious of it all sounding a bit silly when I explained the concept of barbecued worms to other players last night.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Dorrell
England
Darwen
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tim Synge wrote:
Nice idea! Very creative. I was conscious of it all sounding a bit silly when I explained the concept of barbecued worms to other players last night.

Agreed. What I find amazing is that a Reiner Knizia game ends up with such a weird theme.

I have been involved in a number of play testing sessions with Reiner over the years. Obviously each game is played with a specific version of the components and rules. This is followed by a review and discussion between all concerned with Reiner making copious notes. Normally there is then a final discussion on theme. In these circumstances I just can't imagine "barbecued worms" gaining any votes at all.

I think the answer is probably that the game manufacturer takes over!

Chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Synge
United Kingdom
NEWTON ABBOT
Devon
flag msg tools
badge
Go get 'em, Floyd.
mbmbmbmbmb
Chris Dorrell wrote:
I think the answer is probably that the game manufacturer takes over!

I am sure you are right - it's a Zoch thing!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BoB 3K
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If I ever play this with other adult non-gamers, there will be no mention of chickens or barbeques...and the worms are from the bottom of a tequila bottle.....sorry Reiner and Zoch.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Campo
United Kingdom
Manchester
lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
oo viking theme

you are a warlord trying to intemerdate the other clans to follow you..

you need an axe or several to challange them!

the greater your scoure the bigger the Bards tales or your mighty power so you win over more clans (shields)

beware other clan leaders spreading lies and trying to win over just won clans ..

wicked idea...:-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.