Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Betsy Ross
United States
Grapevine
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tonight the local game store was having a Ra Demo, and since I have only played the game once I thought I would check it out. Maybe learn a few things from people with more experience. I was pretty nervous to just show up alone and start playing with random people, but not surprisingly, everyone was very friendly and ready to welcome a new face. Gary brought his Ra game and his home printed tile score boards. I hadn't seen them before obviously, it being only my second time playing. They helped me stay well organized and keep a clear head about where I was in the game. We started a four player game. The first round was fairly even across the boards. I tried to watch the tiles in the middle the most, to make sure I was set up for the next round. I was for sure with a 9, 12, and a 13. The second round won me the game. Joe's strategy for his low tiles was calling Ra evry turn. Surprisingly, people were falling for it. I held out and by the time everyone's tiles were out, I still had two left and half a round to go. It sure is nice drawing and drawing and drawing knowing they are all yours to keep. And since I was last player standing I ended up getting my 12 and 13 back for the last round. Last round I was first out, but that was fine because I had recieved almost everything I needed in the second round. Last round treated me well too. I scored a 36 which brought my final score to a 68. Not bad for a second timer...

Final Scores

Betsy-68
Joe-44
Gary-25
Doug-20

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Averett
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
uh...whose turn is it?
badge
I spent 100gg for this?!?!
mbmbmbmbmb
Man, I did horribly! cry

I had a lot of fun though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Betsy Ross
United States
Grapevine
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for coming Gary.
It was nice to meet you...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryant Ross
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
W00t! You learned from the best! arrrh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Betsy Ross
United States
Grapevine
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice of you to take all the credit Bry...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.