Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave J McWeasely
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
In this game I got and held a crushing corn monopoly through mid and late game. With my wharf I beat the two harbor players silly, shipping 36 VPs to their not-very-much.

How did I get and maintain a corn monopoly, when other players had plenty of corn plantations? First I filled up the big 6-ship with 5 spots of corn, and the medium ship was drip-filling with my coffee (a conventional monopoly). Then with the help of my hospice and some Bad Decisions I got my mitts on 5 manned corn plantations. With the two big boats basically tied up elsewhere they never crafted. Thus I always crafted. There are only 10 barrels of corn in the game, I'd craft 5, there were 5 on the boat, so they'd get 0. I'd wharf 5 barrells of corn, they'd fight over the tiny boat. It was great I tell you!

I shipped 36 barrells that game, and snagged the Customs House as well. Won the thing 62-52-42.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MK
United States
Coshocton
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MrWeasely wrote:
In this game I got and held a crushing corn monopoly through mid and late game. With my wharf I beat the two harbor players silly, shipping 36 VPs to their not-very-much.

How did I get and maintain a corn monopoly, when other players had plenty of corn plantations? First I filled up the big 6-ship with 5 spots of corn, and the medium ship was drip-filling with my coffee (a conventional monopoly). Then with the help of my hospice and some Bad Decisions I got my mitts on 5 manned corn plantations. With the two big boats basically tied up elsewhere they never crafted. Thus I always crafted. There are only 10 barrels of corn in the game, I'd craft 5, there were 5 on the boat, so they'd get 0. I'd wharf 5 barrells of corn, they'd fight over the tiny boat. It was great I tell you!

I shipped 36 barrells that game, and snagged the Customs House as well. Won the thing 62-52-42.

That's what a crude person... like me... might call the "cornholing" strategy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.