Subject: Different Colors rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lorenzo Carnevale
Italy
Roma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I have a Rio Grande - Hans Im Gluck (american version) copy of the base game. If I purchase a german expansion (Hans Im Gluck), will I notice differences in color tones?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A L D A R O N
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
A L D A R O N
badge
----[---->+<]>++.+++++++++++.--------.---.>-[--->+<]>---.---.-.
mb
I have several versions from several different publishers and have never noticed any difference in shading.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Hoffman
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have noticed different shading with the Cathars (4-tile expansion) and The River II. The River II is not a big deal because those are the first tiles placed. But if you still are stacking your tiles, then you will notice The Cathar tiles. We draw from the bag though and that prevents any marking of tiles.
meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lorenzo Carnevale
Italy
Roma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I draw from a bag too - a velvet bag my mom made kiss - so I don't care if the tiles can be recognized form their back... I was just worrying about having a game with "toasted" or "bleached" squares

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ola Hansson
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the Rio Grande versions of the base game (with the river included), Inns and Cathedrals and Traders and Builders. Even though they are all from Rio Grande the expansion tiles are much brighter than the tiles from the base game. The texture is different as well which means that even though I use the cloth bag it's still possible to feel the difference.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konata
United States
Highlands Ranch
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
olaha wrote:
I have the Rio Grande versions of the base game (with the river included), Inns and Cathedrals and Traders and Builders. Even though they are all from Rio Grande the expansion tiles are much brighter than the tiles from the base game. The texture is different as well which means that even though I use the cloth bag it's still possible to feel the difference.

Same here. The expansion tiles are VERY different in color, we noticed this today and it's kind of annoying. Does anyone know if Rio Grande has replacements that are the right color?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.