Needle
Australia
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

Long story short I have the opportunity to get a game from Adam Spielt. I'd welcome any recommendations. Kids games are welcome too. All I ask is that it is language independant or has english translations and/or paste ups on the geek.

Regards
Neil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sue Hemberger

Washington
Dist of Columbia
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If it were me, Ende de Triumvirats. But that relates to availability in the US, what we already have, and small family size (it's a 2-3 player game). Kupferkessel & Co. is a fun, increasingly hard-to-find 2-3 player game (and excellent spouse game) that I've also ordered from them.

Historically, what lead me to adamspielt was a burning desire to own Schildkroetenrennen. It's a great kid's game and an excellent filler for 2-3 adults (in the Heimlich & Co./Quicksand genre). The other kid-pick that comes to mind (but probably counts as two games) is Geistertreppe with the Flaschengeist expansion. I also ordered Maskenball der Kaefer and Maulwurf Company. from adamspielt around Xmas because I couldn't find either game elsewhere, but can't recommend them yet because neither has been played.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Zurfluh
United States
Cranbury
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: 1 game from AdamSpielt-what should it be? Please tell me
Ubongo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Poulton
United Kingdom
Harleston
Norfolk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've recently bought Pickomino & Formula De Mini at prices that are well under 50% of UK prices, even taking postage into account. Both are good games that are enjoyed by everyone I introduce them to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sue Hemberger

Washington
Dist of Columbia
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, duh -- CELTICA.

I was lamenting just yesterday that it wasn't worth making an adamspielt order for a single game and the single game involved was Celtica. That said, I suspect that this urge is just a be-the-first-on-your-block thang and that Celtica will soon be easy to find and have a critical mass of review which will enable me to make a better-informed decision.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Spontelli
United States
MANSFIELD
TX-Texas
flag msg tools
http://www.meetup.com/dfwgames/
badge
Okay, let's start the meeting. My name is Ken, and I'm a Tichu addict.
mbmbmbmbmb
Schrille Stille at €15,95 EUR:
http://tinylink.com/?mWWdrO9XtM

IMHO, It has a neat gizmo, which you can see in photo here on BGG, and it is a really good game. It's hard to get it outside of Germany and you will never see it for that low price. No language issues during game play, once you get the English rules off the Geek.

Speaking of price, you should also check out the sale list in the AdamSpielt site. It has a few other good games at low prices, e.g. Capt`n Clever €5,95, Die Pyramiden des Jaguar €4,95:
http://tinylink.com/?tlXiQ2OpO5

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Franklin
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
A few more to consider:

Konig Salomon's Schatzkammer
Der Unter... von Pompeji
Tu Yu (heavy, but far less expensive in Germany than here)
Lost Valley (if unavailable in the US)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Needle
Australia
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I want to thank everyone for their suggestions and ideas. Although I think I will not be too quick to ask for suggestions again-the hip pocket is hurting-1 game became

Forumla de mini-always wanted to play formula de and not so keen on expansions thought we'd go for this

Capt n Clever-kids game cheap and the mrs wants to try out

Der Bunte Hund-How can you resist a skatboarding dog-can anyone say Poochy

Saboteur-Good reviews here

Tichu-Oh man the mrs pushed this onto me, I wonder if she has a thing for men in catsuits

Schildkrotenrennen-kids game that mrs wants to try

Das Ende des Triumvirats-Now this looks mad-really looking forward to playing this and as the mrs and I enjoy our Roman history theme could go down well

Der Untergang von Pompeji-love the concept of building up and then runing away plus you get to chuck people into a volcano :meglomaniac smilie:

Tyrus-cheap as chips and looks interesting-pieces can be used for other stuff too

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sue Hemberger

Washington
Dist of Columbia
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What a haul! You're in for a lot of fun....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.