Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ivan Flack
United Kingdom
COOKSTOWN
County Tyrone
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Like I said in my review of the game this IS a good game but it can certainly be difficult even for Adults, never mind our kids!

The idea of trying to learn 9 picture objects in the allocated time is, for some, difficult enough. This game however not only requires you to remember the objects but also where you saw them (rather like that 'Matching Pairs' game of yesteryear!)

The game then throws a further spanner in the works in the next round by asking you to try and remember the 9 Original items PLUS 9 Small Words Cards. The third round adds a further 9 number Cards to the original 18 and the 4th round adds yet a further large words to all that has gone before.

It can get quite daunting.

For my own children aged 13, 9 and 9 I changed the rules as follows:

Round 1: Green Cards Only
Round 2: Yellow Cards Only
Round 3: Red Cards Only
Round 4: Blue Cards Only
All other rules remain the same!

These simple changes have made it a lot easier for them, especially when the previous player has already named a previously turned card in the current set.

I am sure that many of you 'die-HARD' BGGers will come up with a few more ideas and I look forward to hearing about them.

It is also easy to create your own customised Picture and Word Cards at home. We have already created a set on the PC containing photos of family pets, the kids favourite Barbie Dolls and other personal possessions.

Ivan Flack (MIDIManNI)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hawkins
Australia
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For our 6 year old. We take out the numbers and the big words and play with 3 lots of pictures and one lot of small words.

Works a treat!

The kids love this game, and whilst I find it a bit so-so I do feel that its a good game when you have a range of ages playing. Enables everyone to be in with a chance.

Regards

David

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Flack
United Kingdom
COOKSTOWN
County Tyrone
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi David

You are right it is a bit so-so but hey - the kids like it so.....

Very customisable at any rate.

Later.....

Ivan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.