Joe Gola
United States
Redding
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
and everything under the sun is in tune
mbmbmbmbmb
The following is a list of all the cards whose effects are canceled by the Aqua's Protected icon. I have broken these down by the preconstructed deck in which they appear. I have also noted the effect that is canceled (either ignore, discard, reduce or shuffle). I have left out cards which ignore or discard but which do not apply to any of the existing Aqua protected cards (for example, cards which ignore boosters). Please let me know if there are any cards that I missed.

Hoax
Flit 12 - Hank Highflyer Hawk (ignore)

Vulca
Vulca 14 - Cinder (discard)
Vulca 30 - Cast Cataclysm (discard)

Mimix
- none -

Flit
Flit 06 - Highchirp (discard)
Flit 08 - Flitterflutter (ignore)

Khind
Khind 01 - CoolCat (reduce)
Khind 02 - CoolCop (reduce)
Khind 03 - CoolKid (reduce)
Khind 04 - CoolCub (reduce)
Khind 06 - TopDog (discard)
Khind 07 - TopNotch (discard)
Aqua 30 - Drown Resistance (discard)

Terrah
Terrah 19 - Earthtremor (discard)
Terrah 29 - Provoke Earthquake (discard)
Flit 13 - Mad Mike Magpie (ignore)

Pillar
- none -

Aqua
- none - (note that Mekarthas the Shrewd does affect the protected icon!)

E&I:A
Flit 32 - Chosen of Air (discard)

E&I:B
Inter 403 - Away with this! (discard)
Vulca 17 - Erupta (shuffle)

The deck against which the Aqua seems to have the most advantages is the Khind; not only are seven of its cards ineffective against the Protected icon, but the Aqua's Sprinkle Water of Tranquility and the mutant Sas-van-Son can be used to good effect against the big hands created by the Khind's Open Lucky Bag of Life and Ketharkopas the Astronomer. Moreover, the Khind's all-important Gang icon can be negated by Mekarthas the Shrewd. These latter two points also apply to the icon-heavy Mimix and their shaman cards.

On the flip side is the Pillar, which has no effects which would be canceled by the Protected icon. Moreover, it has no cards which would bring its total above six, making Sprinkle Water of Tranquility and the mutant Sas-van-Son less effective. However, the one advantage that the Aqua does have against the Pillar is that Administer Water of Life mitigates the damage done by the caterpillars.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Count
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I noticed a card you might have missed:

Terrah Deck:
Terrah 26 Impenetrable Fog (Ignore)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.