Popular Tags: [View All]
Jesse Acosta
United States
Spokane
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I really want to get into Airbrushing. Ive done tons of work with Photoshop, Ive done a little painting, colored pencils, charcoals, pen, etc, etc, but never airbrushing. I'd love to not only do some nice portraits, but it would also be fun to airbrush miniatures and also things like guitars, and so forth.

Well I bought a cheap cheap $20.00 Testors airbrush kit that came with a cheesy plastic airbrush with a crap for a nozzle adjustor(didnt do much of anything for spray detail), and an aerosol canistor instead of a compressor. Well the thing spat paint out everywhere at first, then it wasnt very even, and I couldnt get the detail I was hoping for. I saw another one from the same company for $50.00, it looked decent, but still plastic.. Im probably not going to get it, but Im just curious for suggestions.
I'd like a nice one, but Im also a beginner at airbrushing... so Im not sure what road to take in quality of a setup. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Jesse
http://www.jesseacosta.net/illo/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Carr
United States
Barre
Vermont
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you have a Michaels craft store close to you then you should look in the sunday paper as they normally have a 40-50% off coupon in there. Use those to get a decent airbrush and an air compressor at a good bargain.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve H
United States
Addison
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
if you really want to get a high end Brush, I highly recommend one of V series double action brushes from Paasche (V, VL, VLS). I started out with a Badger, then soon upgraded to the Paasche VL. I later ordered their instructional DVD and found it very useful. Also, sometimes local community colleges offer air brushing classes, that may be worth looking into.

http://www.paascheairbrush.com/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John O'Haver
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Pet photographer, that's me.
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.airshuey.com/woodstock99/index.html

I've been thinking about airbrush art myself ever since this link was posted on the geek.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Acosta
United States
Spokane
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was actually thinking of painting Religious Icons, but painting boobs... what's the difference, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John O'Haver
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Pet photographer, that's me.
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree. Why limit this art form to rock concerts and biker events? I suppose one could paint religious scenes and icons on "skin canvas" at big religious festivals or tent revivals.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
[size=11]Why NOT!?! Have your 'favorite' "Pastor" paint ON his 'favorite' "Choirboy"! For some, then this'll involve FULL body 'paintings'(from the AMOUNT of 'them'), if you catch my "drift"? No?
laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Acosta
United States
Spokane
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thats not funny...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.