Daimyo A
South Korea
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
As I have stated in an earlier post, I cannot buy the L boards due to lack of space. But what was appealing to me about the small expansions was the ability to still use only the main board while adding some cool new game mechanics like the werewolf and death.

I was initially attracted to the dragons expansion because of the same reason but I decided not to due to all of the complaints, and it seemed to change the game too much (although I would have loved a dragon boss and the idea of an extra inner layer (tower) to explore).

One could say I could still opt for the Frostmarch and sacred pool expansions, yet they don't seem to have any new mechanics to bring to the game except for some extra cards. (which is probably why they don't get reprinted like the other two do)

I was wondering if we will ever get another expansion like bloodmoon and reaper?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
β€œIt's all in the mind.” ― George Harrison
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
mbmbmbmbmb
I strongly hope so. But I guess it depends on the sales of the other expansions. Talisman 4th with all extra boards won't fit on my table anymore soblue

I don't have a problem with "new cards only" expansions. More cards, more characters, more variety meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Tubb
United States
Fuquay Varina
NC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GangrenousKhan wrote:
I was initially attracted to the dragons expansion because of the same reason but I decided not to due to all of the complaints, and it seemed to change the game too much (although I would have loved a dragon boss and the idea of an extra inner layer (tower) to explore).

The Dragon expansion has this. You don't have to use the token-drawing rules, you can just use the tower and the "Dragon King" alt ending that comes with it.

The Sacred Pool does add quest rewards, which I think are really nice boosts. Also, the stables deck; allowing you to buy warhorses and stuff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume Pages
United Kingdom
Oxford
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GangrenousKhan wrote:

That's a real shame you think this. You can still use the expansion though. I use an alternative ending whereby we choose 1 of the 3 dragon as the final boss. The dragon is keeping the crown of command, and whoever kills it first, gets the crown.

Then, I mix the dragon cards (the adventure cards from the dragon that is keeping the crown) with the rest of the adventure cards.

We don't bother with the tokens since we choose 1 dragon to play against.

That way, you get new cards, new characters, and new endings. We just dont bother with the Dragon mechanics.

Hope that helps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Loose Cannon
United States
Ypsilanti
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I use a Dragon varient.
Instead of drawing dragon tokens each turn
We roll an extra (different colored) D6
If a six comes up, we draw a token and place it in our space before we move.

The Dragon king is the Dragon who has the most of their colored dragon tokens on the board.

Joe
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.