Popular Tags: [View All]
Trenton
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sure most of you have already seen the GeekMod Beta thread (http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/94675). If you haven't yet, then check it out. In there you are told about a new system where users vote to approve or decline images uploaded to the 'Geek.

To access GeekMod, click on Utilities>>GeekMod>>Moderate Images. If your vote agrees with the eventual fate of the image, then you'll be awarded a GeekPenny!

This morning I woke up to find that I have received .33 GG. I went and checked my voting history (Utilities>>GeekMod>>History) to see that I had voted 33/36 in agreement with the majority. Looking back, I agree with 34/36 of those decisions.

Being a cheapskate, I haven't tipped anyone yet. I want to keep my GG for something cool, like a game in GeekBay... Now I think I can afford to tip!

How many pennies do YOU have? What does your history look like?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Takagi
United States
San Marcos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I suspect that the most popular tipping amount (when done with GeekPennies) will probably be $0.02...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well I don't wish to brag, but I've so far earned 2.93 from the geek mod process and have 24 pages of geekmod history... I haven't had time to go through the history in detail yet, but it seems I agree with the majority most of the time. At a glance it seems that when I disagreed, it was because I'd declined an image that ultimately got accepted.

A quick stat:
Agreed 293 times
Disagreed 63 times
Total votes 356
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blue Guldal
United States
Brooklyn
NY - New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
WOW! 2.90something!!! that's impressive. So far I have 0.85. I was surprised that more stuff I declined got approved. After reading some harsh comments about how people moderate images I was sure that I would be a "softie" and approve more images than those people agree with... turns out that's not the case.

It also seems like there are some criteria that are easy for everyone to agree on, like cropping. If something is badly cropped, it is clear and people take note of it. But other things, like glare, blur, or "too similar" are not so clear and those are where I usually declined and others approved.

the good thing is that now I am very clear as to how my pictures should look if I want to submit them onthe Geek. I probably would not have submitted some stuff that I have in the past (well, I was also a novice geek...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trenton
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tips have been sent!

Modding is like a game to me now. One that I take very seriously! Has someone yet submitted GeekMod to the game database?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trenton
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I sent a $0.02 tip to GeekList # 12828, but it doesn't show up. GeekLists currently only show whole GG tips...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Rosen
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
41 GeekCents

Quote:
I was surprised that more stuff I declined got approved. After reading some harsh comments about how people moderate images I was sure that I would be a "softie" and approve more images than those people agree with... turns out that's not the case.

I also had the exact same reaction. I figured I was being a "softie" and then it turned out that almost everythign I'd voted to reject was actually approved in the end.

See also: My comments on this matter at http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/771856#771856
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
anoni mouse
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got about .19 then again I actually did more then hit the approve disapprove button. There are two of the images I thought were total duplicates that got approved.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean T
United States
Tucson
AZ
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How long until some enterprising BGG'er figures out a way to secretly find and mine all those .001 GeekSilvers and starts amassing a huge fortune? devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trenton wrote:
I sent a $0.02 tip to GeekList # 12828, but it doesn't show up. GeekLists currently only show whole GG tips...

I had this experience yesterday in the forums - it just seems to take a bit longer for penny tips to appear - they're showing up today.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.