Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
75 Posts
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 

Terra Mystica» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: Terra Mystica PBF #28 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jimmy Okolica
United States
Washington Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
(shamelessly copied from John Brier)

Let's play some Terra Mystica!

We will be using the wonderful program created by:

Juho Snellman
Switzerland
Zurich
Zurich
flag msg tools
Avatar
mb


I'm looking for experienced players only; please no beginners.

I'm also looking for reasonably fast players, i.e. under normal circumstances you will make at least one move per day.

If you meet the requirements and are interested then sign up by posting below.

I would like to try having everyone post their own moves this time. I've heard it's worked well in other games and I'd like to try it here. It's not hard. Juho has a page with all of the instructions. Plus, if you've played any games with his moderator before, the move to enter is listed on the right hand side of the screen in the log at the bottom of the page.

We will use the official ruling that the spades scoring round tile cannot happen on rounds 5 or 6

I'll be playing in this game so I'll be looking for at most 4 other players. First four to respond get it.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Eisen
United States
Menlo Park
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

I'm in. Only if we do the self-posting/communication via email.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Okolica
United States
Washington Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
dkeisen wrote:

I'm in. Only if we do the self-posting/communication via email.


I'm familiar with the links Juho has set up, how do you do it via email?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Peters
Netherlands
Brunssum
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Jimmy,

I would be interested. With 31 games under my belt you could call me experienced although in this game somehow everytime I play I feel quite new again. A move a day should be no problem. I am completely inexperienced as far as PBF is concerned so there I will have to find my way. Furthermore in a months time I will be on holidays for a week, and I doubt I will be able to make my moves there (but maybe it will not be impossible and there might be some "drunken" moves in them then). Should this be a problem, I will give my seat to someone else.

Greetz,

Alex
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jakub Madrjas
Poland
Warszawa
flag msg tools
I'm in
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kin Fong
Canada
Etobicoke
Ontario
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
I'm in. I haven't used the program myself, but I'm sure I can figure it out.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Dean
United States
Chicago
IL
flag msg tools
badge
Pound for pound, the amoeba is the most vicious predator on Earth!
Avatar
mbmbmb
Damn. I missed it.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Eisen
United States
Menlo Park
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Butterfly0038 wrote:
dkeisen wrote:

I'm in. Only if we do the self-posting/communication via email.


I'm familiar with the links Juho has set up, how do you do it via email?


Player makes his move, there is an email link. It then emails the move to all other players.

The forum is only needed to discuss issues or in the event of some kind of technical problem. Also to start the game up as Juho has not yet written faction selection into his application.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Okolica
United States
Washington Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
dkeisen wrote:
Butterfly0038 wrote:
dkeisen wrote:

I'm in. Only if we do the self-posting/communication via email.


I'm familiar with the links Juho has set up, how do you do it via email?


Player makes his move, there is an email link. It then emails the move to all other players.

The forum is only needed to discuss issues or in the event of some kind of technical problem. Also to start the game up as Juho has not yet written faction selection into his application.


I hadn't even thought of that aspect of it. Agreed. Makes sense.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kin Fong
Canada
Etobicoke
Ontario
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
For clarification, are we playing that you must take the shortest route to terraform, and cannot terraform back and forth?

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Okolica
United States
Washington Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
doubtofbuddha wrote:
Damn. I missed it.


Just set up one yourself. I'll happily join it
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Okolica
United States
Washington Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
candoo wrote:
For clarification, are we playing that you must take the shortest route to terraform, and cannot terraform back and forth?



Yes unless there's strong objections. anyone?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Eisen
United States
Menlo Park
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Butterfly0038 wrote:
candoo wrote:
For clarification, are we playing that you must take the shortest route to terraform, and cannot terraform back and forth?



Yes unless there's strong objections. anyone?


I would like clarification as to what "terraform back and forth" means.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Okolica
United States
Washington Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
dkeisen wrote:
Butterfly0038 wrote:
candoo wrote:
For clarification, are we playing that you must take the shortest route to terraform, and cannot terraform back and forth?



Yes unless there's strong objections. anyone?


I would like clarification as to what "terraform back and forth" means.

for instance, if you're the halflings with dig2, can you convert 12 workers to 12 VP in one action. Or if you're the darklings, can you convert brown to black using 6 priests (gaining 12 VP) instead of 1 (gaining 2 VP)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jakub Madrjas
Poland
Warszawa
flag msg tools
dkeisen wrote:
Butterfly0038 wrote:
candoo wrote:
For clarification, are we playing that you must take the shortest route to terraform, and cannot terraform back and forth?



Yes unless there's strong objections. anyone?


I would like clarification as to what "terraform back and forth" means.


I think it's quite simple. You can terraform only in the direction (on the wheel) of your home terrain, and cannot terraform any more, once you reach it
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Eisen
United States
Menlo Park
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
jmadrjas wrote:
dkeisen wrote:
Butterfly0038 wrote:
candoo wrote:
For clarification, are we playing that you must take the shortest route to terraform, and cannot terraform back and forth?



Yes unless there's strong objections. anyone?


I would like clarification as to what "terraform back and forth" means.


I think it's quite simple. You can terraform only in the direction (on the wheel) of your home terrain, and cannot terraform any more, once you reach it


That's fine, although there are reasons to terraform in the other direction other than just maximizing shovel points as halflings or darklings.

That is different from "back and forth" and is not at all implied by the examples posted by others.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Okolica
United States
Washington Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
So, the 5 players are: Jimmy(GMT-4), Dave (GMT-8), Alex (GMT+2), Jakub (GMT+2), and Dvonn (GMT-4)

The link to the game is:http://terra.snellman.net/game/28

To make this flow easier, I'll put Jakub and Alex together followed by me and Dvonn, followed by Dave.

So, between Jakub (1) and Alex (2), the first person will be:

d2 = (1) = 1

and between me and Dvonn, the first person will be:

d2 = (1) = 1

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 330476. Butterfly0038
  • d2 =
  • (1) =
  • 1
  • Thu Apr 4, 2013 3:46 pm
  • [+]
  • 330477. Butterfly0038
  • d2 =
  • (1) =
  • 1
  • Thu Apr 4, 2013 3:47 pm
Jimmy Okolica
United States
Washington Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
dkeisen wrote:
jmadrjas wrote:
dkeisen wrote:
Butterfly0038 wrote:
candoo wrote:
For clarification, are we playing that you must take the shortest route to terraform, and cannot terraform back and forth?



Yes unless there's strong objections. anyone?


I would like clarification as to what "terraform back and forth" means.


I think it's quite simple. You can terraform only in the direction (on the wheel) of your home terrain, and cannot terraform any more, once you reach it


That's fine, although there are reasons to terraform in the other direction other than just maximizing shovel points as halflings or darklings.

That is different from "back and forth" and is not at all implied by the examples posted by others.


I can definitely see terraforming away from your home terrain to block someone. My issue is when you are terraforming for more than 3 shovels to maximize points. We just need to agree to a rule before I pick the Bonus/Round tiles.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Okolica
United States
Washington Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Butterfly0038 wrote:
So, the 5 players are: Jimmy(GMT-4), Dave (GMT-8), Alex (GMT+2), Jakub (GMT+2), and Dvonn (GMT-4)

The link to the game is:http://terra.snellman.net/game/28

To make this flow easier, I'll put Jakub and Alex together followed by me and Dvonn, followed by Dave.

So, between Jakub (1) and Alex (2), the first person will be:

Butterfly0038 previously rolled d2 = (1) = 1

and between me and Dvonn, the first person will be:

Butterfly0038 previously rolled d2 = (1) = 1



so, it looks like turn order is:
1. Jakub
2. Alex
3. Jimmy
4. Dvonn
5. Dave

I'll wait till we resolve the terraforming issue before picking bonus/round tiles.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Eisen
United States
Menlo Park
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

I don't understand. You arbitrarily decided to put me last or was that random?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Okolica
United States
Washington Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
dkeisen wrote:

I don't understand. You arbitrarily decided to put me last or was that random?


Sorry. No we don't know who is first yet. All we know is the relative turn order. Once we decide the terraform rule, I'll pick which of us is first.

I also re-read the thread and it seems pretty clear that it is supposed to be terraforming is the shortest path to your home terrain, so I'll support that ruling.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Eisen
United States
Menlo Park
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Butterfly0038 wrote:
dkeisen wrote:

I don't understand. You arbitrarily decided to put me last or was that random?


Sorry. No we don't know who is first yet. All we know is the relative turn order. Once we decide the terraform rule, I'll pick which of us is first.

I also re-read the thread and it seems pretty clear that it is supposed to be terraforming is the shortest path to your home terrain, so I'll support that ruling.


I see no need at all for any rules in that area, but will play with whatever the group agrees to as long as it is clear and well-defined.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Okolica
United States
Washington Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't see a need for it either (and think it doesn't make sense in some cases), but will go with the majority.

Jakub, Alex, and Dvonn, what are your votes?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jakub Madrjas
Poland
Warszawa
flag msg tools
I have just explained what does "no back and forth" mean, not voted "for" it .

This rule is often mentioned here as "offcial modification", but it was not listed in the first post, so I don't think it has to be.

For me, it's no difference, I'll go with mayority as well
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jakub Madrjas
Poland
Warszawa
flag msg tools
Butterfly0038 wrote:
So, the 5 players are: Jimmy(GMT-4), Dave (GMT-8), Alex (GMT+2), Jakub (GMT+2), and Dvonn (GMT-4)


neat idea to place everyone according to time zone
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.