Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Austin
United Kingdom
Solihull
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I've never considered getting card sleeves, I'm sometimes happy to simply pour EVERYTHING into the box at the end of the game (with the intention of sorting it out when I get home), I don't mind using the odd silly proxy model and I didn't mind too much when somebody accidentally split a whole can of diet coke over my brand new Zombicide Map tiles.

---RANT BEGINS---

What I can't stand though is when people find the need to hold their hand of cards to their lips. - It's like they're being super secretive with what they've got, or their just nonchalantly considering their next move.

I know they're not actually licking them (like the thread title suggests) but I just want to end up shouting 'get my cards away from your damn mouth'!

---RANT OVER---
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarrett Dunn
United States
Tulsa
OK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
godthedj wrote:
I've never considered getting card sleeves, I'm sometimes happy to simply pour EVERYTHING into the box at the end of the game (with the intention of sorting it out when I get home), I don't mind using the odd silly proxy model and I didn't mind too much when somebody accidentally split a whole can of diet coke over my brand new Zombicide Map tiles.

---RANT BEGINS---

What I can't stand though is when people find the need to hold their hand of cards to their lips. - It's like they're being super secretive with what they've got, or their just nonchalantly considering their next move.

I know they're not actually licking them (like the thread title suggests) but I just want to end up shouting 'get my cards away from your damn mouth'!

---RANT OVER---

Well just think they also are holding them in hands that they wipe their butt with, and you HOPE they wash them .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonty
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How about when a player eats chips/snacks during play or lick their finger/thumb to fan the cards out easier. yuk
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
I only lick cards of OOP games when I want to claim them as my own.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Yaure
United States
Plymouth Meeting
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
godthedj wrote:

---RANT OVER---

Do you play with Pierson's Puppeteers? http://www.larryniven.net/puppeteer/pupbod.shtml

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alfred Wallace
United States
Champaign
IL
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SOLUTION: Make everyone wear those yellow bodysuits to game night.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blorb Plorbst
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
I think we're all bozos on this bus.
mbmbmb
alfredhw wrote:

coat them in cayenne pepper spray.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R J
United States
Oswego
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
solution: Sleeve the cards

a more sinister solution: sleeve the cards and put a drop of vinegar on the sleeve, no one will want to put the cards anywhere near their face.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Walker
United States
North Andover
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
So many douchebags, so few bullets.
mbmbmbmbmb
CrankyPants wrote:
alfredhw wrote:

The yellow bodysuits?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonty
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
galad2003 wrote:
Man up and tell them how you feel instead of passive-aggressively ranting on a forum.

And put one of these signs in the bathroom..."Employees players are required to wash hands before returning to work play".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jennifer Derrick
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Spray them with that stuff you spray on dogs to get them to quit licking themselves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
Get some considerate and well mannered friend
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enrico Viglino
United States
Eugene
OR
flag msg tools
Slowed - BGG's moderation policies have driven me partially from here
badge
http://thegamebox.byethost15.com/smf/
mb
I you don't want to sleeve the cards, insist everyone cover
their face with saran wrap.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Slater
United States
Jacksonville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Instead of a game table use a game chamber. The kind with the gloves on the sides reaching in. Put the game in there prior to play and seal it up. It's the only way to be sure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
Acroyear wrote:
Instead of a game table use a game chamber. The kind with the gloves on the sides reaching in. Put the game in there prior to play and seal it up. It's the only way to be sure.

I do this but it limits player count until I can afford more glove slots, so make sure you get enough.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davey Jones
Netherlands
Leusden
Utrecht
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CrankyPants wrote:
alfredhw wrote:

f#ck kayenne, if you are gonna go that route get some jolokia.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glenn Martin
Canada
Ottawa
Ont.
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
At least they aren't picking their teeth with them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dusty S
United States
Cheney
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To heck with the consequential reputation hit, if people do anything with my game that I don't want them to, I simply smile and politely ask them to stop... And I fake an eye twitch/mild tremor.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
Archon313 wrote:
To heck with the consequential reputation hit, if people do anything with my game that I don't want them to, I simply smile and politely ask them to stop... And I fake an eye twitch/mild tremor.

You have to fake it?

Amateurs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Tannhauser
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
She liked farming...
badge
...he preferred stabbing things in the neck.
mbmbmbmbmb

All games eventually become Pandemic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian P Lewis
United Kingdom
Torquay
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Should I mention a recent game of Zombicide where one guy kept inserting his finger into his nose and having a rummage, then picking up the dice and using them, before passing them on to next player.

It was like telling a little kid off, in the end I got some other dice out of a different game and kept them to myself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David C
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mb
godthedj wrote:

---RANT BEGINS---

---RANT OVER---

Fart on the cards. Don't worry, people will only know if they hold them close to their nose.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wade Nelson
United States
Golden Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jones8314 wrote:
solution: Sleeve the cards

a more sinister solution: sleeve the cards and put a drop of vinegar on the sleeve, no one will want to put the cards anywhere near their face.

Sleeves aren't awesome for moisture near their opening. It's called capillary action. Be afraid.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Eve
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
(with a concerned look and tone) "Are you hungry? Can I get you something to eat?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Larsen
Canada
Surrey
BC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm making a game with flavoured cards and components. It actually encourages you to lick the cards and pass them around. This was inspired by my brother, who kept putting my cards to his lips. After pummeling hime with a sock full of dice, I had the inspiration to make a game for all the card tasters out there. I figured maybe they can all sit together and taste some cards and pass them around, then get terribly ill and decided to never lick my cards again!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.