Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
21 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Religion, Sex, and Politics

Subject: No gesture is too empty for a moral preener. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Heartbreak, you know, drives a big, black car. Swear I was in the backseat just minding my own..
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
Spoon!
badge
Well, once again we find that clowning and anarchy don't mix.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd prefer that he keep the money and be 5% better at his job. But, whatever.
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
This sort of thing is absurd unless it works. I'm sure the political calculus has shown this will help him somehow.

I think the salary for POTUS should be doubled.

Giving back 5%? That's an atom in the bucket. If it's me I either give back the whole salary (for much more impact) or none at all.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Seguin
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jarredscott78 wrote:
This sort of thing is absurd unless it works. I'm sure the political calculus has shown this will help him somehow.

I think the salary for POTUS should be doubled.

Giving back 5%? That's an atom in the bucket. If it's me I either give back the whole salary (for much more impact) or none at all.


Apparently, JFK donated his entire 1962 Salary of $100,000 as POTUS to charitable causes, including the Boy Scouts. At that time, in 1962, he was worth $10,000,000. $100,000 was chump change for him.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bat Profile
United States
Sandworms USA
Plateau of Leng
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
i suppose he could just fire all his dog walkers
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morgan Dontanville
United States
Charlottesville
VA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Plate of Shrimp.
badge
Here we are folks, the dream we all dream of.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:

No word on whether he and his family are going to cut back on their lavish vacations


God forbid an American spends his money that he earned through capitalism.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morgan Dontanville
United States
Charlottesville
VA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Plate of Shrimp.
badge
Here we are folks, the dream we all dream of.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
sisteray wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:

No word on whether he and his family are going to cut back on their lavish vacations


God forbid an American spends his money that he earned through capitalism.


Uh . . . yeah.



Yup, the plane is expensive.

Fortunately, the bulk of government money basically went right back into domestic oil companies, the rest went to employing Americans.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
フィル
Australia
Ashfield
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I am the wasp / that burrows in! I am the shriek / of twilight din!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Domestic vacations = job creator.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morgan Dontanville
United States
Charlottesville
VA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Plate of Shrimp.
badge
Here we are folks, the dream we all dream of.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
If you look at the history of presidential vacations, Obama slots in right at the average.

This would be another great time to badmouth Thomas Jefferson though.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
sisteray wrote:
If you look at the history of presidential vacations, Obama slots in right at the average.

This would be another great time to badmouth Thomas Jefferson though.

Yeah. They all take too many.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bat Profile
United States
Sandworms USA
Plateau of Leng
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
sisteray wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:
sisteray wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:

No word on whether he and his family are going to cut back on their lavish vacations


God forbid an American spends his money that he earned through capitalism.


Uh . . . yeah.



Yup, the plane is expensive.

Fortunately, the bulk of government money basically went right back into domestic oil companies, the rest went to employing Americans.


So what you're saying is that the President believes all his expensive vacationing and partying and date nights on Broadway and Michelle going to Aspen and the kids jetting off to the Bahamas or what the hell ever -- that these are his "stimulus package" to America!

Stockholm Syndrome.



id love to see how you put the screws to the last guy!


 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morgan Dontanville
United States
Charlottesville
VA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Plate of Shrimp.
badge
Here we are folks, the dream we all dream of.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:


So what you're saying is that the President believes all his expensive vacationing and partying and date nights on Broadway and Michelle going to Aspen and the kids jetting off to the Bahamas or what the hell ever -- that these are his "stimulus package" to America!

Stockholm Syndrome.


No, I'm saying that his vacationing isn't excessive, he has the money to spend on himself and should. It isn't outrageous for the President to go to NYC, nor Aspen for that matter (Eisenhower was in Colorado whenever he could break free, and he would find any reason for it). Hawaii is his home state. In general it gets neglected by the rest of the union. It is far better that the money that we spend for him to vacation goes to Americans than it would if he went to Bermuda.

All of this is standard for Presidents. Where was your outrage when it wasn't Obama? Clinton was the unreasonably austere with vacations so you didn't have much material to work with there, I guess.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.