Hide
23 Posts

Battlestar Galactica: The Board Game – Pegasus Expansion» Forums » Rules

Subject: Prepare for jum step? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rosen Kazakov
msg tools
Hello , can someone clarifiy this please , rulebook says this step is no longer skipped on Cylon turn. Does it mean that the icon in the other corner of the card ( activating cylon ships ) is skipped ?

If you are in ressurection ship , you can freely move out from there ?

If Galatica was damaged following cylon attack and damage token is drawn , if that token shows to damage section that is on Pegasus , not Galactica, how do you proceed ?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mindy G
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Mold the chaos into something beautiful
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, if you mean when a cylon plays a crisis from Caprica, the cylon ship step is still skipped but the jump prep is not, so a cylon risks giving humans jump when using it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rosen Kazakov
msg tools
Can someone please take a look at my other questions. ALso i dont see anyhwere in the rules explained , how a characters gets out from medical center ? Is it just a normal move, doesnt require anything ?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ossian Grr aka "Josh"
United States
Chelmsford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
GRRRRR!!!
badge
GRRRRRRRRR!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Moving out of Sickbay, Medical Center, or the Resurrection Ship is just a normal move.
These hazardous locations just give you a penalty for starting your turn there.

For this reason, it's extremely common to use Executive Order to get someone out of Sickbay before his turn.

For your other question:
For every "Damage Galactica" effect, the current player gets to choose which ship is damaged -- Galactica or Pegasus. Then you choose a random token from that ship's pool of tokens.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rosen Kazakov
msg tools
Ok thanks. Regarding the treachery card 'Sabotage' , is can be used when player discards treachery skill card. It doesnt affect treachery cards played for skill checks, since they are placed face down and noone sees what exactly are they , right ? If unrevealed cylon plays treachery card , he is still considered human ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
Right. Cards played into the skill check are not discarded by a player, although they all gets placed into the discard piles after the skill check.

Discards by players can happen as payment for travelling between ships, because hand limit is reached, or caused by crisis card effects.

Also note that Sabotage can only be played by a revealed cylon player. (The text on the treachery cards are only usable by revealed cylons players.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ossian Grr aka "Josh"
United States
Chelmsford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
GRRRRR!!!
badge
GRRRRRRRRR!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Right. Contributing a skillcard to a check isn't "discarding" it. Not even if cards are going into the check face up from Investigative Committee.

(PBF instinct to color code the card names... robot )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Sansone
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct. The effect of the Sabotage card works only when a Treachery card is discarded, such as to move from one ship to another, or due to a Crisis card effect. Playing a Treachery card into a skill check (whether face-up or face-down) is not considered to be discarding the card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rosen Kazakov
msg tools
THank . Now with the Pegasus expansion , we have 4 basestars , does that mean that crisis cards can place more than 2 basestars ? Now you can have 4 basestars on the board ? That is insane for the humans...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mindy G
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No, you cannot have 4 basestars. The plastic ones replace the cardboard ones.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rosen Kazakov
msg tools
I am just curious , got the expansion today still havent played it , how exactly Pegasus ship takes damage ? The ship isnt even on the main board , i supposed by certain crisis cards only ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mindy G
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anytime something says "Damage Galactica", the current player gets to choose whether to damage Galactica or Pegasus.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
Germany
Aachen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
oriecat wrote:
Anytime something says "Damage Galactica", the current player gets to choose whether to damage Galactica or Pegasus.

...and then draws one damage token from the corresponding pool.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Saifur wrote:
Hello , can someone clarifiy this please , rulebook says this step is no longer skipped on Cylon turn. Does it mean that the icon in the other corner of the card ( activating cylon ships ) is skipped ?
Cylon ship icons (lower left hand corner) was skipped in the base game and STILL ARE skipped with Pegasus.

The jump icon in the lower right hand corner (prepare for jump step) is no longer skipped, so if there's a jump icon from a crisis card activated via Caprica, then +1 on the Jump Prep track.

Saifur wrote:
If you are in ressurection ship , you can freely move out from there ?
Correct. It's sort of like "Cylon sickbay". However, note that like Sickbay, it's a hazard location (the stripped yellow outline), so once you move out of there, you can never move back there as a cylon (as opposed to Cylon Leaders and Sympathetic Cylons could find a way back in there).

Saifur wrote:
If Galatica was damaged following cylon attack and damage token is drawn , if that token shows to damage section that is on Pegasus , not Galactica, how do you proceed ?
Anytime Galactica takes damage, current player can choose to damage Peggy instead. Choose from the appropriate pool of damage tokens.

Saifur wrote:
Ok thanks. Regarding the treachery card 'Sabotage' , is can be used when player discards treachery skill card. It doesnt affect treachery cards played for skill checks, since they are placed face down and noone sees what exactly are they , right ? If unrevealed cylon plays treachery card , he is still considered human ?

--the player discarding a Treachery card has to be human/unrevealed cylon (or its equivalent)
--I forgot the exact reason, but I believe skill cards that are played into a skill check are just discarded, as opposed to a human player discarding the skill card.
--Unrevealed cylons may not play Treachery skill cards outside of skill checks for their text effects.

Play when a human player discards a Treachery Skill card. Damage Galactica. Only 1 "Sabotage" card may be used per turn
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ossian Grr aka "Josh"
United States
Chelmsford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
GRRRRR!!!
badge
GRRRRRRRRR!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a note, you might want to edit the subject to this post, since it is a lot more questions than the single one in the subject.

Or break your questions up into separate posts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jozxyqk wrote:
Just a note, you might want to edit the subject to this post, since it is a lot more questions than the single one in the subject.

Don't you mean separate threads?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ossian Grr aka "Josh"
United States
Chelmsford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
GRRRRR!!!
badge
GRRRRRRRRR!!
mbmbmbmbmb
ackmondual wrote:
jozxyqk wrote:

Maybe. I'm not sure of the difference between a "post" and a "thread" in this context and not interested in arguing the semantics

It's just that he's getting a lot of questions answered in a place people might not be able to find.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jozxyqk wrote:
ackmondual wrote:
jozxyqk wrote:

Maybe. I'm not sure of the difference between a "post" and a "thread" in this context and not interested in arguing the semantics

It's just that he's getting a lot of questions answered in a place people might not be able to find.

Thread
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/956972/prepare-for-jum-s...

vs.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/11896705#11896705

If he keeps all questions within this thread, then I believe the idea is to ask the OP to change the subject so it reflects multiple questions. If it's only 1 question, then separating them into their own threads lets him put a separate subject for each.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Can Bud
Turkey
Istanbul
flag msg tools
mb
hmm, may i continue the discussion about the Sabotage card, and ask a question?

When a player gets executed, or when a cylon is revealing, they lose cards. Are these cards considered "discarded by a human" for the purpose of playing a Sabotage card? I would consider the cards lost by an executed player which turns out to be human, valid target for Sabotage. What do you say?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
canisin wrote:
hmm, may i continue the discussion about the Sabotage card, and ask a question?

When a player gets executed, or when a cylon is revealing, they lose cards. Are these cards considered "discarded by a human" for the purpose of playing a Sabotage card? I would consider the cards lost by an executed player which turns out to be human, valid target for Sabotage. What do you say?
Former, yes. LAtter, no. For the latter, I believe it was discussed that you reveal your loyalty card first, and when you discard down to 3, you're officially a cylon by then.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say an executed player is not discarding cards, he loses them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
a1bert wrote:
I would say an executed player is not discarding cards, he loses them.
Rulebook says you discard cards. However, since it's the first step, I'm inclined to think that Sabotage can be played, even though it doesn't feel right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ackmondual wrote:
Rulebook says you discard cards. However, since it's the first step, I'm inclined to think that Sabotage can be played, even though it doesn't feel right.

Also, remember the ruling about the difference of choosing to discard N cards and being forced to discard your whole hand of skill cards in the context of 'choosing to discard treachery'.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.