Popular Tags: [View All]
Sebastian
Germany
Mülheim an der Ruhr
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

after four (very funny) games I have my first rules question.

Situation: A creature which is enchanted with the Nullify spell enters a zone with a hidden zone enchantment. The enemey wizard reveals this enchanment and it's a trap. Will Nullify cancel the effect of that trap?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Vanden Heuvel
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Gaamessz... need more Gaammesz...
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
When this creature is targeted by an incantation or enchantment spell controlled by an opponent, you must reveal Nullify during the Counter Spell Step. That spell is countered. Then, destroy Nullify.

The trap card does not target you with an incantation or enchantment... so no, nullify is not triggered.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian
Germany
Mülheim an der Ruhr
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That was my first thought too but basically a trap is an enchantment.

One could say that the create has a kind of a magical shield which simply absorbs the next negative magic effect. Well, that was my second thought ;)

But yes, in the end you are right I think.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Pillow Demon
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm inclined to agree with Deefer on this one. More specifically, the trap enchantment targets a Zone and simply triggers/activates when an enemy creatures enters said zone. The enemy creature was never specifically "targeted" at any point in that process.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.