Subject: RoboChess Article - RoboRally and Chess! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Squashua

Coconut Creek
Florida
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been on BGG for a couple of months and I just realized that I was 1/2 of a team that wrote an article on how to combine RoboRally and Chess! I can't reprint the article here because it was published in Pyramid Online and is available only to subscribers: http://www.sjgames.com/pyramid/

I figured that it should at least be mentioned here as a potential variant, lest the notion be lost to the annals of history!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harvey Wasserman
United States
Somewhere
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The link goes to Pyramid magazine, but searching doesn't find your article. So, what name is it under? (I'm not yet a subscriber to Pyramid, if that makes a difference.)

Harvey

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Squashua

Coconut Creek
Florida
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You need to be a subscriber to Pyramid to read it. Sorry.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Schuyler DuPree
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Why pay for a gaming site when there are so many quality free sites, like BGG, which are free?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claus Jensen
Denmark
Stenlose
Sealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sorry, but saying that there's a variant out there that I need to pay for to get is truly useless information. At least post something pertaining to the variant and how it plays.

The information you've given is not enough for me to even consider subscribing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Squashua

Coconut Creek
Florida
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The variant is named RoboChess.

It combines turns of chess with a RoboRally board.

Essentially, you and your opponent have chess pieces. And you play across a RoboRally board based on certain specific rules outlined in the article. The chess pieces are affected by the environment and the robots in play.

The link to the article preview (which only gives the first couple of paragraphs, that happen to be pre-rules fluff text) is here:
http://www.sjgames.com/pyramid/sample.html?id=1601

The article itself begins with fluff, so no rules are apparent in the article preview. I have no control over the magazine site, which owns the written article.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.