Hide
4 Posts

Austerlitz 20» Forums » Rules

Subject: The Earlier Battle rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Schreiner
msg tools
Does Rule 12.6 apply or should it be revised for "The Earlier Battle Scenario?" The French can begin by occupying St. Anthony's Chapel and Stare Vinobrady with small units, replacing them with dummies or cadres, and place their lines well forward. The Allies would be losing morale points so fast they don't stand a chance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kim Meints
United States
Waterloo
Iowa
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
John

No,Rule 12.6 doesn't apply to the (17.1)Earlier Battle scenario and only used in the Historical & Standard scenarios.

I'll note it here in the Errata Forum and Thank You for bringing it up.

That rule came into being because one of the Playtesters if he drew his Allied "Kutuzov Plan" event card early in the game would start withdrawing Allied units off the map to garner morale points which wasn't even historical since the Allies were the ones making the initial attack so placed to force them into a more historical flow .

I'll make sure it's noted in any future Gold edition if and when it comes around.

Kim Meints
Austerlitz20 Designer

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kim Meints
United States
Waterloo
Iowa
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've added it into the future(if it ever happenes) Gold updated Exclusive rules that I've worked on.

Austerlitz is showing it's age very badly and needs updating.There are a few new things I want added to the game plus some rules clarifications such as the one above.

In my own low humble opinion since Austerlitz20 is still the only game in the Napoleonic20 series to be a Charles S. Roberts(CSR) Award Nominee it really should deserve an upgrading(Boy,talk about a shameless plug to the publisher)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance McMillan
United States
Lakebay
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Shameless plug noted. Now, get back to work you lazy bum!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.