Subject: Bugs are best posted using: Utilities > Bugs rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
phil v
United States
Richmond (North of Berkeley)
California
flag msg tools
Posting in the forums is probably not an efficient use of the forum or of the existing bugtracking system.

meeple

P

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Cote
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The bug system is very non-intuitive and a pain to use. The forum system is easy. People will use what is easy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Cote
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Speaking of which...hot games are now locked on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Rosen
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup, even though I have unchecked the "Recently Viewed" and "Hot Games" boxes using the "Edit Front Page" feature, they are now showing up in the far left column.

P.S. I also submitted this to the administrators using GeekBugz. It is BUG ID #668.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
phil v
United States
Richmond (North of Berkeley)
California
flag msg tools
ekted wrote:
The bug system is very non-intuitive and a pain to use. The forum system is easy. People will use what is easy.

I find this system remarkably simple.

Utilities > Bugs
Click New Bug
Select a category from Category pulldown
Include a relevant URL, if applicable
Describe the bug
Submit

Compare with a forum post:

New post
Select forum
Title message
compose message
Submit

Not that different.

Understand also that *if* an admin finds a forum-posted bug, they must first enter it into the bug tracking system. So, by submitting to the forum, you've not only doubled the time before they start fixing it, you've diverted resources from actually fixing bugs to data entry.

I'm not picking on anyone, but most folks don't know how these systems work, so I thought I'd help. laugh

Phil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Cote
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
With the forums, I submit, then I get replies that I can see on the front page. And if my "bug" happens to be not a bug, a user will let me know. If I submit a bug into the DB, it falls into a black hole. I have to take extra steps to see its status, and others are not aware that I have reported it. Perhaps we need a "Bug" forum type that shows in the forums module.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.