Popular Tags: [View All]
Christoph Ruepprich
United States
Grapevine
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Medici
The more I play this game, the more I like it! We had a nice round of five players, three of which had played before. Steven did an excellent job explaining the rules quickly and off we went. I decided to just concentrate on a single commodity and try to consistently get good ship scores. I was able to pull this off fairly well as I stuck to grain, of which I won two cards during an early bidding round. Steven decided to go with a I-am-not-buying-anything strategy and lo and behold pulled ahead of the pack quite quickly.

The third and final bidding round was by far the most interesting. Steven had the lead by a significant margin and I was in third place. Everyone had a full ship, except for Steven, who had one space left, and me, who had two left. As the auctions went around the table, commodities were thrown into the harbor, the way liquor went down the drain during the prohibition. Neither of us wanted anything that was being auctioned off. When the deck came to Stephen, there were only five cards left. He had the audacity to actually put three cards up for auction, so neither of us could bid. The deck, with two cards left, came to me. Of course I put both up for auction and they turned out to both be 5’s. This gave me the highest ship score. In the mean time I had also reached the top spot in grains, so with all the points I got during the last round, I was able to pull ahead of Steven.

There was a lot of nail biting going on. I enjoyed it quite a bit. Steven came in second, Robert third, Steve fourth, and Stephen fifth.

Thanks to all for playing!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred Minard
United States
Camp Hill
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cryThe rules clearly say that you cannot turn over more commodity cards than can be had. So if your friend truly tanked 3 cards on his pull. Someone should have been the rules lawyer and said, time to reshuffle.gulpsoblueyukzombie

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.