Subject: What would be the new top 100? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't join BGG till recently, but I'm pretty sure what was the top 100 back then certainly can't be the same thing now. Sort of like inflation, a game that's #248 may be just as "good"/"fun" as something that was #80 back then.

I'm not fully sure what being in the top 100 meant back then, but anyhoo... how would others scale the new rankings for today's larger pool of great games?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Debije
Netherlands
Eindhoven
The Netherlands
flag msg tools
I'm not sure what you are asking for?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Netherlands
flag msg tools
       This space              intentionally              left blank.
badge
You joined in October 2007. I don't know what was at the bottom of the top 100 back then, but going by this geeklist item, the numbers 45-50 were:
Ticket to Ride: Märklin (now rank 132)
The Pillars of the Earth (now rank 146)
A Game of Thrones (first edition) (now rank 130)
Lord of the Rings: The Confrontation (now rank 194)
Acquire (now rank 110)
Battle Line (now rank 104)

That's a pretty wide spread, but guesstrapolating, I'd say that the top 100 from 2007 would now be about equivalent to the top 250-300. (If you take it as a linear increase in the number of games of equivalent quality/popularity - as a bell curve (there's more games released as good as "2007 top 100" than as "2007 top 50") it'd probably be closer to the top 400-500.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.