Popular Tags: [View All]
Tony Sanfilippo
United States
ISSAQUAH
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Any brilliant gamers out there have any idea how I might be able to play this solo?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Atkinson
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
Scruffy Looking Nerf-Herder
mbmbmbmbmb
As this game is really only player competitive when more than two players play you could simply play solo as is and go for the high score.

Another way you might play is to draw three cards and place three opposing settlements on the associated hexes which are closest to yours and between you and a special tile.

I've not tried this game solo so I'm just throwing some ideas out there.

You could also do an Alhambra idea; play until 1/3 of your pieces are placed and then draw the card which states what the scoring conditions would be for that round. Then again for the next 2/3 and when you place your final piece.

Just a few ideas for ya.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LCG 74160
msg tools
mbmb
Have a look at this thread...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan C
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you have an iPad definitely pick up the app. It has one if the more challenging AIs I"vs seen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Hamrick
United States
Rocky Mount
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with jedimusic - the iPad version is the way to go. I play it all the time (as well as Ticket to Ride). Good AI on the KB game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikko Saari
Finland
flag msg tools
http://www.lautapeliopas.fi/ - the best Finnish board game resource!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The iPad game is good, but I wish the AI was better. I usually play two-player games because waiting for three AIs to play is boring, and losing even to the hardest AI is rare.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan C
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I usually play 3 AIs on hard and have never won. I only recent beat the AIs on medium. Maybe you're just better player than we are?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caleb
United States
Seminole
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
msaari wrote:
The iPad game is good, but I wish the AI was better. I usually play two-player games because waiting for three AIs to play is boring, and losing even to the hardest AI is rare.

I find this commonly true of lots of iOS AI players: typically the AI's not so great that you can't beat a single opponent most of the time. And waiting for 3 other AI players to take their turn is, as you note, pretty boring when what you're looking for in an iOS game is a quick gaming fix.

One of my favorite games is Keltis: Das Orakel and I really enjoy the iOS implementation, but I find I can beat a single hard AI something like 95% of the time. It's harder to win against multiple AI's but I hate waiting for them all to move so I don't typically play against more than 1.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.