Dice Dragons
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
With Last Night on Earth, Flying Frog productions brings hommage to a whole genre of zombie movies such as Dawn of the Dead and Night of the Living Dead, and taps into the current zombie craze.

Last Night on Earth is a zombie zurvival game: the earth has been overrun by the hungry undead and a group of archetypical heroes tries to survive the zombie onslaught. One of the players takes on the role of the zombie masses, bringing tactical intelligence to the otherwise braindead zombies.

The game offers several scenarios like Defend the Mansion or Flee the Town. Each session, the game board too changes slightly by random drawn game board tiles, making Last Night on Earth a game you can keep playing over and over again.

The game designers have put a lot of effort in the overall appearance of the game: the miniatures are quite detailed, be it a little small and most artwork is photographic in nature, keeping that grainy B-movie feel. The game even includes a horror soundtrack cd, which is…well…fun but not so scary if you think about it.

You can play Last Night on Earth with 2-6 players, although I wouldn’t recommend the two-player game. Three up to five players is indeed ideal for this game. A typical game lasts about and hour or more.

Both sides (heroes and zombies) offer quite some challenges and are quite balanced in my opinion. Zombies are slow, but swarming, while the heroes are mobile and lethal once they have found the right weapons. Both sides have event cards that can quickly turn the game in one’s favour (or not).

Last Night on Earth is a game that offers an all-round evening of fun. While some tactics are needed, the game still focuses on the experience and fun there's to be had. Making zombie noises is, after all, mandatory.

My score:

Game difficulty: 3/5 points
Game duration: 3/5 points
Game accessibility: 3/5 points
Game appearance: 5/5 points

Overall score:
14/20 points ~ Worth buying.

BoardGameGeek rating:
7.24/10
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Waleke
United States
Portland
OR
flag msg tools
Except Colt Express!
badge
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so." Douglas Adams
mbmbmbmbmb
I actually only play this game two players and love it. It allows one person full control over an entire force which is very cool. It makes it more of a strategic game in my opinion, but it is also fun with more players just not any more so (in my opinion).

I also would recommend that if someone is intrested they buy Last Night on Earth: Timber Peak first. It is the first standalone expansion and I think they did an excellent job of cleaning up the first version while adding only a couple new mechanics that really help polish this gem.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin S
United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
madmanw wrote:
I actually only play this game two players and love it. It allows one person full control over an entire force which is very cool. It makes it more of a strategic game in my opinion, but it is also fun with more players just not any more so (in my opinion).

I also would recommend that if someone is intrested they buy Last Night on Earth: Timber Peak first. It is the first standalone expansion and I think they did an excellent job of cleaning up the first version while adding only a couple new mechanics that really help polish this gem.

I'd go along with all of the above!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.