Popular Tags: [View All]
Pedraum
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey all, help me get ready for Regionals!

A bit back story; I am a VERY casual gamer, that was huge in the CCG scene of the 90's. Found about the remake, picked up 1 core...then another, then all data packs....and never looked back.

I have always been decent at deckbuilding, so thats not much of an issue. The problem is I've only played A:N a handful of times, so I am a bit lacking in strategy. I am looking forward to the Regional, but just simply looking to have a good time.

That being said, I was hoping to get some pros to check out my deck. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Deck Created with CardGameDB.com Android: Netrunner Deck Builder

Identity:
Haas-Bioroid: Engineering the Future (Core)

Total Cards: (49)

Agenda: (9)
Accelerated Beta Test (Core) x2
Mandatory Upgrades (What Lies Ahead) x1
Project Vitruvius (Cyber Exodus) x3
Priority Requisition (Core) x3

Asset: (11)
Adonis Campaign (Core) x1
Project Junebug (Core) x2 ■
Zaibatsu Loyalty (Core) x1 ■
Dedicated Server (A Study in Static) x1 ■■
Melange Mining Corp (Core) x2
PAD Campaign (Core) x1
Private Contracts (Cyber Exodus) x3

ICE: (19)
Heimdall 1.0 (Core) x2
Ice Wall (Core) x2 ■
Wall of Static (Core) x3
Janus 1.0 (What Lies Ahead) x1
Ichi 1.0 (Core) x3
Hunter (Core) x2
Hourglass (A Study in Static) x1
Viktor 1.0 (Core) x2
Viper (Cyber Exodus) x1
Enigma (Core) x2

Operation: (6)
Biotic Labor (Core) x2
Aggressive Negotiation (Core) x2 ■
Shipment from Kaguya (Core) x2 ■

Upgrade: (4)
Experiential Data (Core) x1
Akitaro Watanabe (Core) x1 ■■
Research Station (Core) x1 ■
Amazon Industrial Zone (Trace Amount) x1 ■

Total Agenda Points: 21

Influence Values Totals -
Haas-Bioroid: 31
Jinteki: 7
NBN: 0
The Weyland Consortium: 8

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Kenyon
United Kingdom
Huddersfield
flag msg tools
mb
I'm not sure which thread to post this in, so I randomly picked this one.

You need to tell us how you aim to play your deck, rather than just posting your decklist you need to include a rationale... why have you Splashed Ice Wall, Amazon, Research Station and Akitaro? Why not ToL as it mixes well with Ice Wall and Junebug? Why include Aggressive Negotiation, when you don't have too many Operations? Why no precognition when you're running Beta Test?

You will get a ton of advice and help, you just need to give us a little more to work with
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedraum
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chiefyk wrote:
I'm not sure which thread to post this in, so I randomly picked this one.

You need to tell us how you aim to play your deck, rather than just posting your decklist you need to include a rationale... why have you Splashed Ice Wall, Amazon, Research Station and Akitaro? Why not ToL as it mixes well with Ice Wall and Junebug? Why include Aggressive Negotiation, when you don't have too many Operations? Why no precognition when you're running Beta Test?

You will get a ton of advice and help, you just need to give us a little more to work with

Hey bud, thanks for the reply. I am still sort of new at this.

I generally always try to aim my decks for an "overall" approach, be ready for anything you know.

For this deck, aiming for a mix of early & late game ICE, steady economy throughout the game, and a few out of faction cards for server protection/surprise.

Personally, I think ice wall is one of the best ICE in the game. and especially for HB, can use as early game or late game as needed.

amazon & akitaro are for mid to late game, rezzing my expensive ICE. research station is for that runner that continuously runs HQ (of if I cant protect HQ as soon as I would like).

and lastly, never been a fan of 3 point influence (precog or ToL) since thats 20% of entire out of faction influence. i might have to change that mindset, as i TOTALLY didnt think of the combo of precognition & beta test (same of ToL).

I'll probably go ahead and swap out both the aggressive negotiations & something else, and add a precognition.

Hope that clears up a bit, and thanks a lot...you've already been a lot of help!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Kenyon
United Kingdom
Huddersfield
flag msg tools
mb
cardsbydizzle wrote:
chiefyk wrote:
Words

I generally always try to aim my decks for an "overall" approach, be ready for anything you know.

For this deck, aiming for a mix of early & late game ICE, steady economy throughout the game, and a few out of faction cards for server protection/surprise.

Personally, I think ice wall is one of the best ICE in the game. and especially for HB, can use as early game or late game as needed.

amazon & akitaro are for mid to late game, rezzing my expensive ICE. research station is for that runner that continuously runs HQ (of if I cant protect HQ as soon as I would like).

and lastly, never been a fan of 3 point influence (precog or ToL) since thats 20% of entire out of faction influence. i might have to change that mindset, as i TOTALLY didnt think of the combo of precognition & beta test (same of ToL).

I'll probably go ahead and swap out both the aggressive negotiations & something else, and add a precognition.

Hope that clears up a bit, and thanks a lot...you've already been a lot of help!

No worries mate! I'm always happy to help

I, like you are atm, initially built my Corps decks with a general do everything kind of strategy, early game Ice, late game Ice, all game economy, defense against loads of different Runners, the works. I found that never really worked, I found I was playing to not lose, rather than win. These days I build my decks slightly differently; I go for one main winning strategy, then include a backup.

Your Ice -
Hunter - You don't have any Tag damage, I would take this out.
Janus - Included more than 1 of this sexy piece of Ice, if you can precog>beta test and rez one or two of these you'll be set!
Hourglass - More of these! Play them infront of Ichi or Janus and you're laughing!
Wall of Static - I would take these out, especially if you're running Ice Wall(maybe include a 3rd Ice Wall?)
Viper - Good early game, replaces Enigma for me... obviously this becomes very weak later.

When I add Ice into my Corp decks I always make sure the Runner MUST pay to break them, so maybe you could look at including some early game damage Ice? Neural Katana is good for this. Then you have Chum, which is one of the best cards in the game. I have also begun splashing Archer! If you can Beta Test(or Priority Req) an Archer into the game you can make some pretty beefy servers, or maybe include False Lead, so you can rez your Archer(s) when the Runner doesn't have enough money to break it... byebye m'opus!

Assets -
Adonis, Pad, Melange(if you have a 2nd core) - Include 3 of these, seriously. That way you wont need contracts!
Zaibatsu - This is a very good card, I imagine it wouldn't last too long once it is revealed though, you also only run 1 trap, so it seems pretty redundant. If you were running more traps I would say this is a brilliant splash!
Junebug - Play 3 maybe? That way they fit well with the ToL I'm going to suggest!
Dedicated Server - I play Jinteki, they've been in every one of my decks, I've never had the chance to use them

Operations -
Biotic Labor - Include 3 of these! It is one of your best cards, you must include all 3! Even if you're not building a fast advance deck this will come in handy to help push those agendas along!
Kaguya - Seems pretty redundant in this deck

Upgrades -
I wouldn't bother, experiential is decent though!

It seems like you don't really know what you want to achieve with this deck, your Ice is fairly weak so late game the runner will get through easily, you don't have much fast advance and you don't have a way of punishing the Runner.

If I were you I would include more Ice that can damage the Runner(Chum is brilliant for this, if someone runs into Chum and doesn't know what the next piece of Ice is they might jackout... that in itself is brilliant!).
I would certainly consider including ToL and Precog, they have high influence, but rightly so. They work so well in this deck! You can advance your Ice Walls and quickly score that Mandatory!

Your influence is there to improve your base deck, work out your strategy, splash the cards to make it work better, then find a backup in case it all goes to shit.

I hope this could be of some help
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Jensen
United States
League City
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Practice. Practice. Practice.

OCTGN is helpful and there tend to be available opponents quite frequently.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedraum
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chiefyk wrote:
cardsbydizzle wrote:
chiefyk wrote:
Words

No worries mate! I'm always happy to help

I, like you are atm, initially built my Corps decks with a general do everything kind of strategy, early game Ice, late game Ice, all game economy, defense against loads of different Runners, the works. I found that never really worked, I found I was playing to not lose, rather than win. These days I build my decks slightly differently; I go for one main winning strategy, then include a backup.

Your Ice -
Hunter - You don't have any Tag damage, I would take this out.
Janus - Included more than 1 of this sexy piece of Ice, if you can precog>beta test and rez one or two of these you'll be set!
Hourglass - More of these! Play them infront of Ichi or Janus and you're laughing!
Wall of Static - I would take these out, especially if you're running Ice Wall(maybe include a 3rd Ice Wall?)
Viper - Good early game, replaces Enigma for me... obviously this becomes very weak later.

When I add Ice into my Corp decks I always make sure the Runner MUST pay to break them, so maybe you could look at including some early game damage Ice? Neural Katana is good for this. Then you have Chum, which is one of the best cards in the game. I have also begun splashing Archer! If you can Beta Test(or Priority Req) an Archer into the game you can make some pretty beefy servers, or maybe include False Lead, so you can rez your Archer(s) when the Runner doesn't have enough money to break it... byebye m'opus!

Assets -
Adonis, Pad, Melange(if you have a 2nd core) - Include 3 of these, seriously. That way you wont need contracts!
Zaibatsu - This is a very good card, I imagine it wouldn't last too long once it is revealed though, you also only run 1 trap, so it seems pretty redundant. If you were running more traps I would say this is a brilliant splash!
Junebug - Play 3 maybe? That way they fit well with the ToL I'm going to suggest!
Dedicated Server - I play Jinteki, they've been in every one of my decks, I've never had the chance to use them

Operations -
Biotic Labor - Include 3 of these! It is one of your best cards, you must include all 3! Even if you're not building a fast advance deck this will come in handy to help push those agendas along!
Kaguya - Seems pretty redundant in this deck

Upgrades -
I wouldn't bother, experiential is decent though!

It seems like you don't really know what you want to achieve with this deck, your Ice is fairly weak so late game the runner will get through easily, you don't have much fast advance and you don't have a way of punishing the Runner.

If I were you I would include more Ice that can damage the Runner(Chum is brilliant for this, if someone runs into Chum and doesn't know what the next piece of Ice is they might jackout... that in itself is brilliant!).
I would certainly consider including ToL and Precog, they have high influence, but rightly so. They work so well in this deck! You can advance your Ice Walls and quickly score that Mandatory!

Your influence is there to improve your base deck, work out your strategy, splash the cards to make it work better, then find a backup in case it all goes to shit.

I hope this could be of some help

you were more than helpful friend, it was most appreciated.

took me a few days, and some playtesting, but I think both my decks turned out much better. your suggestions were on the money.

if you get a moment, please let me know what you think of both. thanks again!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedraum
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
UPDATED DECK

Identity:

Accelerated Beta Test (Core) x3
Project Vitruvius (Cyber Exodus) x2

Asset: (11)
Project Junebug (Core) x2 ■
Melange Mining Corp (Core) x3
PAD Campaign (Core) x3
Private Contracts (Cyber Exodus) x3

ICE: (20)
Heimdall 1.0 (Core) x3
Ice Wall (Core) x2 ■
Wall of Static (Core) x3
Janus 1.0 (What Lies Ahead) x2
Ichi 1.0 (Core) x3
Hourglass (A Study in Static) x3
Viktor 1.0 (Core) x2
Chum (Core) x2 ■

Biotic Labor (Core) x3
Precognition (Core) x2 ■■■
Trick of Light (Trace Amount) x1 ■■■

Upgrade: (3)
Experiential Data (Core) x3

Haas-Bioroid: 43
Jinteki: 13
The Weyland Consortium: 2

Tested pretty well for me. Goal is basically the mother of all HB decks. Lots of money, with ICE combos, utilizing beta test, priority req & precognitions to bring out the big guns. trick of light as a late gamer, moving advancement from ice wall to mandatory. plays both horizontally & vertically, and key trick is knowing when to play agendas & when to play junebugs.

I would like to add one more junebug or even another precognition. But looks the only way to do so would be to remove the trick of light:

(add 1 more junebug)
- 1 trick of light (3 influence)
+ 1 junebug (1 influence)
+ 1 ice wall (1 influence)
- 1 wall of static

OR

(add 1 more precognition)
- 1 trick of light
+ 1 precognition

Would you recommend either of these, or leave as is?

all advice is appreciated!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Barrett
United States
Schaumburg
IL
flag msg tools
mbmb
thoughts as I read your list:

Adonis Campaign is much better than private contracts.

Experiential data is probably the least impressive upgrade you have access to in faction. You would get more mileage out of Ash and/or corporate troubleshooter. Especially since you have soo many (too many imo) money assets.

Your ice count is really low, you are going to have pretty bad beta tests at least half of the time, and without archived memories, that means you have to spread your already small pool of ice even thinner to cover archives, or be forced to overscore vitruvius everytime you get it.

Additionally, most of your ice doesn't even end the run, meaning criminals especially will walk all over you.

Runners can just run on their last click through hourglass once they know where it is.

Janus is big and scary, but a good runner isn't going to be afraid of taking a little brain damage to steal an important agenda.

Ice wall is one of the best pieces of ice in the game, and chum is pretty situational. You have two of each.

There are only 3 pieces of ice in the game that can trash a program, 2 of them belong to HB: Ichi, Rototurret, and Archer. Trashing the right program at the right time can just win you the game on the spot. It's worth being able to threaten the runner with a corporate troubleshooted destroyer.

Enigma and/or viper are important pieces of ice you could also use that end the run.

I would cut 4-6 cards (probably assets) for more ice.

You have the ability to make a lot of money, and then all you can do with it is rez janus twice. If you use ash or troubleshooter you will have more ways to make building up your credit pool a credible threat instead of a waste of clicks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedraum
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Chill84 wrote:
thoughts as I read your list:

Adonis Campaign is much better than private contracts.

Experiential data is probably the least impressive upgrade you have access to in faction. You would get more mileage out of Ash and/or corporate troubleshooter. Especially since you have soo many (too many imo) money assets.

Your ice count is really low, you are going to have pretty bad beta tests at least half of the time, and without archived memories, that means you have to spread your already small pool of ice even thinner to cover archives, or be forced to overscore vitruvius everytime you get it.

Additionally, most of your ice doesn't even end the run, meaning criminals especially will walk all over you.

Runners can just run on their last click through hourglass once they know where it is.

Janus is big and scary, but a good runner isn't going to be afraid of taking a little brain damage to steal an important agenda.

Ice wall is one of the best pieces of ice in the game, and chum is pretty situational. You have two of each.

There are only 3 pieces of ice in the game that can trash a program, 2 of them belong to HB: Ichi, Rototurret, and Archer. Trashing the right program at the right time can just win you the game on the spot. It's worth being able to threaten the runner with a corporate troubleshooted destroyer.

Enigma and/or viper are important pieces of ice you could also use that end the run.

I would cut 4-6 cards (probably assets) for more ice.

You have the ability to make a lot of money, and then all you can do with it is rez janus twice. If you use ash or troubleshooter you will have more ways to make building up your credit pool a credible threat instead of a waste of clicks.

Thanks for your time my friend. Had a bit of time last night, finally tweaked some more. I am understanding more and more what people mean by the deck needs to have focus.

Below is my new deck. Tried to shore up based on your recommendations.

- in the end, had to take out trick of light.
- 24 ICE, adding another ice wall & more ICE with end the run.
- left with 6 economy cards (X 3 adonis & X 3 melange). is that enough?
- swapped junebugs for aggressive secretarys, to runner programs at key times.

once again i really appreciate your time bud. if you get a chance, could you check out my runner deck as well?

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/957310/deck-shapers-chaos-th...

Identity:

Accelerated Beta Test (Core) x3
Project Vitruvius (Cyber Exodus) x2

Asset: (8)
Adonis Campaign (Core) x3
Aggressive Secretary (Core) x2
Melange Mining Corp (Core) x3

ICE: (23)
Heimdall 1.0 (Core) x3
Ice Wall (Core) x3 ■
Wall of Static (Core) x2
Janus 1.0 (What Lies Ahead) x2
Ichi 1.0 (Core) x3
Hourglass (A Study in Static) x3
Viper (Cyber Exodus) x3
Viktor 1.0 (Core) x2
Enigma (Core) x2

Biotic Labor (Core) x3
Precognition (Core) x3 ■■■

Upgrade: (3)
Corporate Troubleshooter (Core) x2
Ash 2X3ZB9CY (What Lies Ahead) x1

Haas-Bioroid: 57
Jinteki: 9
The Weyland Consortium: 3

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Jensen
United States
League City
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks more 'classic'.

Be sure to keep Hourglass on centrals. ... maybe trading one of those out for a two influence ICE? Tollbooth? Looks like you have the influence.

Good luck! Happy Hacking.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.