Marty White
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
My new WW2 game exists as a good quality prototype. I have play-tested with my partner and close friends for a year and would like to see what others think.

If you are interested in trying out a two player game which takes place in occupied France in 1943, one playing the German war machine getting ready for the allied invasion - the other playing a team of French resistance maquisards who harrass, sabotage and assassinate to cause disruption to the occupying forces. It is a strategy game based at a local level around a small French town.

As a sample of the design I include here a shot of the Current version of main game board.

Anyway, if anyone is interested let me know and we'll go from there. Thanks!
Marty

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Barker
United Kingdom
Lincoln
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Very cool concept. Sadly my two player partner is unavailable these days but I wanted to say some words of encouragement anyway. One of the many designs on my backburner is a cooperative resistance game set in Paris so the theme is interesting to me, best of luck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S. R.
Germany
Mainz
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
It's a fearful thing, to fall into the Hands of the Living God!
badge
Tell me, have you found the Yellow Sign?
mbmbmbmbmb
Generally, I'd be very interested to playtest this, as the theme of guerilla warfare is something that I find intriguing.

However, it all depends on what kind of a game this is. I am neither particularly fond of nor really apt in strategic wargames with lots of chits etc.
Which is not to say that I don't like wargames. I am quite fond of Gettysburg and Waterloo.

Ach, it's complicated. Tell me a little bit more about the game, and we'd see if I fit the bill...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty White
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Steve,
It is a theme which simply hasn't been done - other than as an expansion to memoir 44 (Vercors expansion) and that is a straight war-game with two sides fighting. This has all the cat and mouse secrecy and mission planning. Thanks for your words of encouragement and watch this space!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Commons
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I would be interested in playtesting, but I am in the US and the shipping might be too much for just some playtesting.

Let me get with my group and see if we can pool some $$ together to help defray the shipping costs.

It looks like an interesting game and potentially in the same theme genre my group could latch onto and enjoy.

I'll keep you in the loop once I have contacted everyone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Thayer
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the printing/shipping costs would be prohibitive for me, but I would definitely give time to read through your rulebook.

I've only played lighter wargames, but the stealth aspect has me intrigued.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty White
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
James,
I will give you a link to download the rules.
Can you give me your email address?
I'd be interested in your opinion of the various mechanisms I use.
thanks,
Marty

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty White
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Andrew,
Same as I said to James - I'd like to send you a link to the rules if you let me have your email. Maybe you and some of your friends could have a read through and if you guys are still interested, we can go from there. It isn't a heavy game...
Thanks,
Marty

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty White
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
S.R.,
Same as I said to James and Andrew - I'd like to send you a link to the rules if you let me have your email. If you are still interested, we can decide from there.
Thanks,
Marty

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John "Omega" Williams
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Very nicely done map.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam D.
United States
Suquamish
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That is a nice map. Just thought I'd second that emotion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.