Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric O. LEBIGOT
France
Versailles
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The cards from this expansion have the same design as 51st State: are they as good an addition to The New Era? how much do they add to The New Era? I could not find many comments on this in the ratings.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yoki Erdtman
Sweden
Södertälje
flag msg tools
badge
Handsome devil huh?
mbmbmbmbmb
lebigot wrote:
The cards from this expansion have the same design as 51st State: are they as good an addition to The New Era? how much do they add to The New Era? I could not find many comments on this in the ratings.

The cards are basically a promo pack expansion for 51st State, regardless of being marketed as for The New Era. All the cards, except for the Leader Card (Mike Highway) can of course be integrated into a game of The New Era though (and even Winter), just as all the original 51st State cards can be used in The New Era. The only thing they lack is the Defense Distance symbol.

I should perhaps also note that while the Car Patrol has a really cool use in the game, the iconography used isn't perhaps the best. Reading it according to its icons it seems you have to Discard an Open Production Card in order to Gain a Closed Production card, but it's rather simple to remember that sending workers to the Car Patrol allows you to change an Open Production Card to a Closed Production Card for the rest of the turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
I just picked up the new era and all the promos from the geek store but didn't realize these were more for 51st state. Not knowing the game how would I use these, what information is different? I know they improved the design and icons with the New Era.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.