Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Gingold
United States
Goodyear
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am looking to get the PitchCar Extension from either levalet or thoughthammer. While doing some surfing, I noticed that the Levalet site mentions that the extension is only compatible with the new Ferti edition. Does anyone know if Ferti has more than one edition of the game or if it means it is not compatible with Carabande. I emailed levalet for an explanation but the response did not answer my question.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Felger
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pitchcar is NOT compatible with Carabande. The track pieces will not snap together.
You could use the different games together if you jumped from the Carabande track to the Pitchcar track and then used the Pitchar jump to get back on the Carabande track. (phew)
If you have Pitchcar, buy the 'extension' pack.
If you have Carabande, buy the 'Action Set'.

-mst3nate

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Gingold
United States
Goodyear
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
scspider23 wrote:
Pitchcar is NOT compatible with Carabande. The track pieces will not snap together.
You could use the different games together if you jumped from the Carabande track to the Pitchcar track and then used the Pitchar jump to get back on the Carabande track. (phew)
If you have Pitchcar, buy the 'extension' pack.
If you have Carabande, buy the 'Action Set'.

-mst3nate

I know that pitchcar and carabande are not compatible. But according to the Levalet site (the folks who are also the North American distributors of the game), the extension is not compatible with the first edition of pitchcar from Ferti. My inquiry is to whether Ferti actually did more than 1 edition of pitchcar because I do not believe they did.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elliott Reynolds
Canada
Victoria
B.C.
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently purchased the Pitchcar extension from Levalet and I had purchased Pitchcar when it first came out. They are compatible. I read that same statement prior to purchasing and just thought they were refering to Carabande. I also don't believe there is more than one edition of Pitchcar.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michel Fortin
Canada
Montréal
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems that there are two editions of Ferti Pitchcar. My friend went to buy Pitchcar at Le Valet d'coeur a few months ago and one box was at 60$ and the other, old, edition was at 40$. He bought the first edition box and the second edition extension box. They are compatible.

On the other hand, the first and second edition of the extension are drastically different. From the box to the content. But the track pieces remain nonetheless compatible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
According to this page:
http://www.levalet.com/FRACAT/FERTI.HTM
"Pitch Car Extension
If you have an old edition of Pithcar the pieces will fit but the thickness is 1/10 of an inch different. Small but can affect the play. You can tell if you have the old edition: the first edition was black on both sides of the track."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.