Popular Tags: [View All]
Houserule Jay
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Finally my new Avatar! Man I have been chomping at the bit for so long and I finally couldn't take it anymore, I have games submitted still in queue but I couldn't wait and uploaded a few last pictures. goo

Anyway, I searched and couldn't find the answer to this. I see it in game ratings, new posts etc but NOT in old threads or session reports I have done. Anyone know?

Also, just curious, when you change your Avatar, does the old one stay in the old posts as well? ( I think it does from seeing posts from people that have changed)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SAKURA in KYOTO 2018 Back to Kansai
England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Your Avatar updates on ALL posts you have done. Your avatar is drawn on the fly from your profile. You can go to your profile, change your avatar by uploading a fresh one, and when the cache refreshes, your new avatar appears anywhere your name appears. I swapped mine over last night for example.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Houserule Jay
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's strange, I could have sworn I just seen your "eyeball" Avatar 10 minutes ago in an old post. I thought I had seen this before too, someone's old Avatar in an old thread and a new one in a new thread but I guess not.

One other thing, all the posts and stuff I have done before I got the Avatar, will they stay "faceless" or will the AV appear eventually? So far it hasn't, like in my review for example...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Iennaco
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
jayjonbeach wrote:
One other thing, all the posts and stuff I have done before I got the Avatar, will they stay "faceless" or will the AV appear eventually? So far it hasn't, like in my review for example...

It will appear.
It's probably just a "cache" issue (try deleting the cache of your browser).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SAKURA in KYOTO 2018 Back to Kansai
England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jayjonbeach wrote:
That's strange, I could have sworn I just seen your "eyeball" Avatar 10 minutes ago in an old post. I thought I had seen this before too, someone's old Avatar in an old thread and a new one in a new thread but I guess not.

Not. I've not had an eyeball avatar. I suspect you're getting people's avatars confused. Some users ne'er change their avatar, some modify, whilst I flip. It costs nothing to change your avatar.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Houserule Jay
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
EYE of NiGHT wrote:
jayjonbeach wrote:

Not. I've not had an eyeball avatar.

Sorry about that, I thought the user name was "EYE of Night" but like you suggest it must of been something else close.

Well thanks for the replys. I see my AV in some old threads but not in my session report or Review yet so I guess it takes a bit of time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.