Popular Tags: [View All]
José Cepero
Belgium
Deurne
Antwerpen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi fellow zombislashers!

Anyone can reveal something about the new equipment cards in Toxic Mall and Prison Break?
A little sneaky report/squeal that we won't tell further

I have noticed a Flamethrower, a dual wield sledge hammer and have read something about a concrete cutter so far.

I must admit that I saw many nice self-made cards in the image gallery here (weapons, objects, objects to combine,...) and I wish that it would be samewise for the official expantions. Unfortunately, I am not so creative to make those myself soblue but if someone in Belgium is able to.. PM please

greetings
JB

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yoki Erdtman
Sweden
Södertälje
flag msg tools
badge
Handsome devil huh?
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's what you get in Zombicide: Toxic City Mall:

# Equipment Cards
2 .44 Magnum
1 911 Special
2 Assault Rifle
1 Betty
2 Cookies
1 Doug's Dream
1 Flamethrower
2 Hollow-Point Rounds
1 Jack & Jill
4 Laser Pointer
1 Ned's Atomic Flashlight
4 Pan
1 Pa's Gun
2 Spare Change
1 Sweet Sisters

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Canning
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Stand By, Ready
badge
Wolkenritter
mbmbmbmbmb
911 Special, Betty, Doug's Dream, Jack & Jill, Sweet Sisters and Ned's Atomic Flashlight are all Ultrared weapons, and can't be used by Survivors below Red level, though they can be discarded to gain 5 xp.

Ned's Atomic Flashlight is noisy on both Zombies and Doors, Range 0, Dice 5, hit 4+, Damage 3.

Doug's Dream is noisy on Zombies, 8 Dice doing 1 Damage on 4.

Betty is a Chainsaw, The Sweet Sisters are Gunblades with 6 dice in melee and 4 at range.

Pa's Gun is the third found only in Pimpmobiles weapon.

Weapons from Prison Outbreak from Guillotines Facebook page.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Littrel

Washington
msg tools
I am new to this place and was wondering if you could post the stats on these weapons as I am looking to re-create them because I can't afford to buy them right now. Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
you can/should be able to buy just the set of equipment cards from CMoN (contact them by email), though i'm not sure if they already have the ones for PO/TCM available
so you dont need to buy the full expansion to get them.

EDIT: I'm a bit puzzled they added 4 PANs as well since it is not a base game, I would have preferred 4 other equipments instead.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Smith
United Kingdom
Solihull
West Midlands
flag msg tools
http://www.youtube.com/user/SmoothCJS
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Angelsenior wrote:
EDIT: I'm a bit puzzled they added 4 PANs as well since it is not a base game, I would have preferred 4 other equipments instead.

That does seem very odd, perhaps they're special weaponized pans with different stats (If only..)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Colm
msg tools
mbmb
Smoothsmith wrote:
Angelsenior wrote:

That does seem very odd, perhaps they're special weaponized pans with different stats (If only..)

As TCM makes the number of playable survivors in a single game 10 then they need another 4 pans on the top of the 3 in season 1 so that there is enough for starting equipment (7 pans, 1 pistol, 1 axe & 1 crowbar - enough for 10 starting survivors).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe fife
United States
charlton
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
High Flying Bird wrote:
Smoothsmith wrote:
Angelsenior wrote:

As TCM makes the number of playable survivors in a single game 10 then they need another 4 pans on the top of the 3 in season 1 so that there is enough for starting equipment (7 pans, 1 pistol, 1 axe & 1 crowbar - enough for 10 starting survivors).

Did this change since the preview rules? In those it was max 12 and every odd numbered survivor over 6 added a pan and every even added a weapon (axe, crowbar, pistol, players choice).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Colm
msg tools
mbmb
Is there anything in the rules that gives you rules / suggestions / guidelines / anything as to how you should build your decks for the various scenarios?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick S
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
High Flying Bird wrote:
Is there anything in the rules that gives you rules / suggestions / guidelines / anything as to how you should build your decks for the various scenarios?

There is nothing in season 1 or 2 rulebook.

I'm hoping for a designers note because the season 1+2 item deck could use a little bit of trimming.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Rupp
United States
Marion
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bigblock75 wrote:
High Flying Bird wrote:

I'm hoping for a designers note because the season 1+2 item deck could use a little bit of trimming.

I was going to use season 1 (or 2) deck + zdogs + toxic crowd. I think you'd have too many boring cards like water or pistol if you mix both season decks.

I'm a little disappointed that the toxic cards don't have a spawn for the abom though :( I guess that is only included in TCM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick S
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As far as the spawn deck goes, I'm using season 1&2 + walk of the dead + berserkers and the spawn deck is great.

A very nice mix of nastiness, can't wait to add toxics to the mix!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Reznor
msg tools
mb
Is there a new weapon that can take down an Abomination or is the molotov still you're only way of getting rid of these bad boys? Some of the weapons are just to weak imho. An automatic shotgun should definitely be able to take them down. If Abominations are that tough, they wouldn't go down after a single molotov, they would just be burning and keep coming at you. Add some hand grenades or something, GG!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
9inchnail wrote:
Is there a new weapon that can take down an Abomination or is the molotov still you're only way of getting rid of these bad boys? Some of the weapons are just to weak imho. An automatic shotgun should definitely be able to take them down. If Abominations are that tough, they wouldn't go down after a single molotov, they would just be burning and keep coming at you. Add some hand grenades or something, GG!

I believe the rock saw (think that's what it's called) can kill Abominations.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
José Cepero
Belgium
Deurne
Antwerpen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yes, I have seen the concrete saw with damage 3
not sure about that bazooka card from the the dude of Chaos theorie.
The Flamethrower from the lady maybe too?

or kill him with those skills:
El Chollo with +1dmg to machetes
Chazz with +1 dmg to melee

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cepero wrote:
yes, I have seen the concrete saw with damage 3
not sure about that bazooka card from the the dude of Chaos theorie.
The Flamethrower from the lady maybe too?

or kill him with those skills:
El Chollo with +1dmg to machetes
Chazz with +1 dmg to melee

Assume that Flamethrower is Dam 3 as read elsewhere that it is just like the molotov (so technically damage lots I guess!). It's called Chaos Theory in Belgium?! Called Big Bang Theory over here!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Rupp
United States
Marion
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, the flame thrower damage is "a lot" but you can only fire it if you have a gas (and it consumes it)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Colm
msg tools
mbmb
bigblock75 wrote:
High Flying Bird wrote:

That's a shame. Being a 'sandbox' game is all well and good but they should also provide some guidance for people who just want to play a balanced, pre-designed game without lots of experimentation.

My plan was to keep all decks separate unless otherwise stated but the TCM equipment deck doesn't seem to be large enough to play on its own, so I have to assume the intention is to mix them with either Season 1 or PO. So lots of tedious refiltering back into the base decks after playing because mixing both core decks (S1 & PO) together seems like too big a pool.

I don't like this sloppy approach. I think I'll be done with this game come Season 3, since they now seem to be taking the approach of throwing components at us and letting us design the game.

Another thing that's occurred to me: There's no gasoline in the TCM deck to use with the flamethrower. So that confirms it should be mixed with the base deck. But what about PO? Does that have a gasoline card? TCM is supposed to be compatible with both but if there is no gasoline in the PO deck the flamethrower is useless.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PO's equipment deck is 83 cards which is almost as much as S1+TCM (90 cards) so I expect it to contain several gas items

can somebody post the list of items in PO?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M Campbell
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mb
Angelsenior wrote:
PO's equipment deck is 83 cards which is almost as much as S1+TCM (90 cards) so I expect it to contain several gas items

can somebody post the list of items in PO?

Page 4 of PO rules says there are two gasoline cards.

http://guillotinegames.com/en/gamerules

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.