Homestead
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
Love Games, Love 'Em!!!
badge
Check out DiceTower.com!
mbmbmbmbmb
On our last podcast of the Dice Tower, we asked people to send in their questions, or call them in (1-866-203-1407) - for our wives.

I get a lot of curiosity about what my wife thinks about gaming, etc. So if you have any questions for her and/or Joe's wife, send them in! (tomvasel@gmail.com). We're going to be recording their responses in three days, and I've gotten very little feedback so far.

Tom Vasel
"Real men play board games"
www.tomvasel.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Steadman
United States
Evans
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How can see stand you?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jen Kuipers
United States
Woodbridge
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JoeSteadman wrote:
How can see stand you?

Dang Joe, that was the question I was gonna ask you!

'Manly' games. *snort* Offending grrrlgeeks everywhere. We're not over here playing nothing but Alhambra and balloon cup you know!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin
United States
glennallen
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is not a slam because I respect Joe and Tom very much. I was just wondering, do you think that you may be viewing and promoting boardgaming strictly a men's club? Yes, it is predominantly men.

Do you worry about turning off the other half of the population by pointing out that is mostly men? I understand that you, Tom, have pointed out many times that you drive your wife crazy about boardgaming since she is not a boardgamer, so I am not attacking your topic. I also think your slogan is very cute and I realize the new image that you both have given boardgaming.
Do you think you could do a show that features female gamers too, not just the non-gaming wives? Please correct me if you already did something similar. I think you did have female game designers before.

Just some thoughts.

Real Men Play Boardgames . . . . but can I play too?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Adams
United States
Brigham City
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I try to think of something worth asking and all I can think of is a Simpsons episode.

"Are you really Tom's wife?"

"Yes."

"You?"

"Yes."

"Really?"

"Yes. Thank you. Come again."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Vasel
United States
Homestead
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
Love Games, Love 'Em!!!
badge
Check out DiceTower.com!
mbmbmbmbmb
Helenoftroy wrote:
I respect Joe

Odd.

Quote:
do you think that you may be viewing and promoting boardgaming strictly a men's club? Yes, it is predominantly men.

Do you worry about turning off the other half of the population by pointing out that is mostly men? I understand that you, Tom, have pointed out many times that you drive your wife crazy about boardgaming since she is not a boardgamer, so I am not attacking your topic. I also think your slogan is very cute and I realize the new image that you both have given boardgaming.
Do you think you could do a show that features female gamers too, not just the non-gaming wives? Please correct me if you already did something similar. I think you did have female game designers before.

I'm working on getting some female guests, but we have no women gamers here in my area other than wives of gamers - who do play games. I certainly don't mean to be offensive about it. However, there ARE a lot of gamers with spouses who don't necessarily share their passion. We just wanted to give their perspective.

If you want to be on the show - no problem! Email me at tomvasel@gmail.com and we'll set something up!

Tom Vasel
"Real men and women play board games."
www.tomvasel.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin
United States
glennallen
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
I certainly don't mean to be offensive about it.

I know that and I'm not offended. You have made reference to driving your wife crazy many times and I'm sure there are enough men out there that can share this experience. Your idea for the show is a good one.

Quote:
I'm working on getting some female guests, but we have no women gamers here in my area other than wives of gamers - who do play games

Thanks! I can understand having difficulty because there aren't many women gamers. We have the same problem here. Well, we have more problems finding gamers at all though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Steadman
United States
Evans
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Woman gamers.... my wife is a lady gamer!

She has a high avrg. verses Tom and I

She wants to play games more then I do! (not wargames though)

I respect her gaming ability more then anyone in Korea currently, including Tom.

She ask for games for Christmas....

Not really sure what you guys are asking for?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.