Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Boreham
United Kingdom
Colchester
Essex
flag msg tools
mb
Hi all,

Just getting into board gaming properly again (I'm 37, used to love board games as a kid!).

I've got this from a local shop - but I've played the original a tonne on my iPad, so I know how to play it.

But I'm confused - the Nordic map has connections on it for red, green, blue etc trains, but the game only comes with white, purple and black trains...?

Do I need the original game to play this? I daren't open the cards yet in case it has to go back, but are the red, green etc cards in the deck?

It just seems strange to have those colours as some routes cant be completed (short ones have red/green carriages only).

Thanks for any help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Wheelock
Canada
Woodstock
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
David Malki drew this!
mbmbmbmbmb
The colour of the train pieces is to indicate which player claimed the route. The colour of the route indicates what colour train cards you need to use to claim it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Boreham
United Kingdom
Colchester
Essex
flag msg tools
mb
swheelock wrote:
The colour of the train pieces is to indicate which player claimed the route. The colour of the route indicates what colour train cards you need to use to claim it.

Ha! Ha! Of course, I've just realised myself!! modest

We are expecting a baby anyday, I'm putting it down to tiredness

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Berger
United States
Round Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pbb76 wrote:
swheelock wrote:

You think you're tired now? whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Wheelock
Canada
Woodstock
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
David Malki drew this!
mbmbmbmbmb
pbb76 wrote:

Congratulations!

Have fun with Nordic Countries; it's a great version.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Boreham
United Kingdom
Colchester
Essex
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks everyone! Cant believe I asked this question... urgh!

Played tonight and took a while to get going as had to explain the game to the other half, but we got there in the end and finished up an enjoyable game.

Lost to her of course...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Connors
United States
ME
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
pbb76 wrote:
Thanks everyone! Cant believe I asked this question... urgh!

Played tonight and took a while to get going as had to explain the game to the other half, but we got there in the end and finished up an enjoyable game.

Lost to her of course...

Tell me about it! I literally can't win vs the wife!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Condon
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is actually the reason that I avoided this game for so long. I didn't understand the non-correlation between the player colors and the route colors. I imagined a game where you could only go after your color and the gray colors.... lame.

The app was on sale at one time and I figured the game couldn't be *this* popular if it was *this* stupid, so I risked a few bucks and found out how terribly, terribly wrong I was.

And now I own 8 maps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.