Popular Tags: [View All]
The Steak Fairy
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Games? People still play games??
badge
Specious arguments are not proof of trollish intent.
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, did you think I was going to link to the article about today's federal ruling with respect to the morning-after pill's availability over the counter? Hell no, these are just the words I use to describe Tripp's threads.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc P
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Gloomhaven is a great niche game
mbmbmbmbmb
I would have gone with prolix, puerile, and provocative for the extra alliterative points.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum europae vincendarum
United States
Bama by way of San Diego
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tscook wrote:
Seductive Seditious, Charismatic Chaotic, and Virile Vile: The Ted Cook Story
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Steak Fairy
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
slowcorner wrote:
I would have gone with prolix, puerile, and provocative for the extra alliterative points.

But then I wouldn't be quoting the judge in the Plan B case.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bat Profile
United States
Sandworms USA
Plateau of Leng
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
utoption2 wrote:
MisterCranky wrote:
Oh, did you think I was going to link to the article about today's federal ruling with respect to the morning-after pill's availability over the counter? Hell no, these are just the words I use to describe Tripp's threads.

I am just amazed and amused that you didn't mixed in a few, precious expletives in describing Tripp's prose.

wait.

words go between the expletives?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lynette
United States
Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
Yep, I am a girl Scientist. Come for the breasts; Stay for the brains!
badge
For as long as I shall live I will testify to love; I'll be a witness in the silences when words are not enough.
mbmbmbmbmb
MisterCranky wrote:

That Judge is a total idiot. As are all the people who have been pushing for this ruling.

Insisting that young girls to have access to potentially dangerous drugs which screw with their hormonal cycles without even having to talk to a medical professional even once to gain an understanding of what they are doing is hardly a victory for women.

I have used plan B once when I had a condom failure. While I considered the risks worth taking under the circumstances after consulting with medical professionals, I was well educated on what they were and those risks were not trivial.

The idea that my young teenager nieces could just go get this drug and take it several times a year without knowing the risks they are taking makes my head hurt.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Steak Fairy
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What about young nieces who ruin the linings of their stomachs by taking too many aspirin? Or who destroy their livers with Tylenol™? I feel your concern, Lynette, but if your teenage nieces become mature enough to have a condom failure, I like to think that they'll become mature enough to read the warnings on any OTC birth control they might choose.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tscook wrote:
Meerkat wrote:
MisterCranky wrote:

That Judge is a total idiot. As are all the people who have been pushing for this ruling.

Insisting that young girls to have access to potentially dangerous drugs which screw with their hormonal cycles without even having to talk to a medical professional even once to gain an understanding of what they are doing is hardly a victory for women.

I have used plan B once when I had a condom failure. While I considered the risks worth taking under the circumstances after consulting with medical professionals, I was well educated on what they were and those risks were not trivial.

The idea that my young teenager nieces could just go get this drug and take it several times a year without knowing the risks they are taking makes my head hurt.

Yes, nausea or a later next cycle. How terrible.

Way to minimize it. But I suppose the long-term health risks of millions of individuals means nothing when matched up with the liberty to make uninformed health choices.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
フィル
Australia
Ashfield
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I am the wasp / that burrows in! I am the shriek / of twilight din!
mbmbmbmbmb
I was hoping we could stigmatise the kids -- through fear of wrathful parents, doctors, and pastors -- into having a shotgun wedding with a date rapist.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Montero
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
I'll take Manhattan in a garbage bag. With Latin written on it that says "It's hard to give a shit these days"
mbmbmbmbmb
Meerkat wrote:

Then ask for pharmacists to tell about side effects, just like you can ask them about every other drug.

I for one do not understand why it makes any sense to require a doctor's consent to be able to obtain anything you can get at a pharmacy. Yes, misuse can kill you, but so can drinking bleach.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hibikir wrote:
Meerkat wrote:

Then ask for pharmacists to tell about side effects, just like you can ask them about every other drug.

I for one do not understand why it makes any sense to require a doctor's consent to be able to obtain anything you can get at a pharmacy. Yes, misuse can kill you, but so can drinking bleach.

Now if we can only create a culture where kids feel peer-pressured into drinking bleach before they are ready...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
フィル
Australia
Ashfield
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you honestly think there's such a culture around use of the morning after pill?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damian
United States
Enfield
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Meerkat wrote:
MisterCranky wrote:

There has never, ever been a serious side effect (let alone death) linked to emergency contraception.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GameCrossing wrote:
tscook wrote:
Meerkat wrote:
MisterCranky wrote:

Yes, nausea or a later next cycle. How terrible.

Way to minimize it. But I suppose the long-term health risks of millions of individuals means nothing when matched up with the liberty to make uninformed health choices.

Considering how free we are with our corn subsidies and our penchant for ultra-fatty foods. I don't think long term effects of ingesting things really do matter that much in this country.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias Strobe
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
Listen to your sidekick and eat the pennies.
mbmbmbmbmb
Meerkat wrote:
While I considered the risks worth taking under the circumstances after consulting with medical professionals, I was well educated on what they were and those risks were not trivial.

Sigh...

Please explain the risk of emergency contraception.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sbszine wrote:
Do you honestly think there's such a culture around use of the morning after pill?

I think there is around sex. How shamed do kids feel if they're virgins? How much pressure are they under to "keep up"? So much of sex ed is about how it works and how to be safe about it, but none of it is about emotional attachment. Kids are physically ready far before they are emotionally ready, and pop culture just exacerbates the issue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morgan Dontanville
United States
Charlottesville
VA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Plate of Shrimp.
badge
Here we are folks, the dream we all dream of.
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't you know? It's ok for when I need it, but everyone else is too irresponsible and isn't thoughtful enough.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Bitter and Acerbic Harridan
Meerkat wrote:
MisterCranky wrote:

Unknown risks as opposed to known risks involved in pregnancies?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
フィル
Australia
Ashfield
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GameCrossing wrote:
sbszine wrote:

I think there is around sex.

Ah, so you were equating sex with drinking bleach.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Steak Fairy
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What? That isn't right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
フィル
Australia
Ashfield
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You're doin' it wrong!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Steak Fairy
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure how--I use a measuring cup and I never mix it with ammonia.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tscook wrote:
GameCrossing wrote:
sbszine wrote:

I think there is around sex. How shamed do kids feel if they're virgins? How much pressure are they under to "keep up"? So much of sex ed is about how it works and how to be safe about it, but none of it is about emotional attachment. Kids are physically ready far before they are emotionally ready, and pop culture just exacerbates the issue.

Sex doesn't always mean emotional involvement, not even most of the time.

Thank you for being my visual aid.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sbszine wrote:
GameCrossing wrote:
sbszine wrote:

I think there is around sex.

Ah, so you were equating sex with drinking bleach.

I'm saying that if kids were peer-pressuring each other into drinking bleach instead of having sex before they're ready, it would solve a lot of problems.

Plus there'd be a lot less bad drivers. So... BONUS!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Farrell
Australia
Rozelle
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Averagely Inadequate
badge
Buster Keaton from 'Go West'
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there a pill I can take to cure myself of the after-effects of Tripp's posts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.