United States
Carol Stream
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"You may return a card from your hand to the War Zone. If you
do: During this turn, one German Army card of your choice gets
its Reinforcement cost (Supply) reduced by 2, to a minimum of 0."

If I choose to return a Truck Transport from my hand, what do I do with it? According to the rules, during setup any unused Truck Transports are trashed, meaning that there is no deck of Truck Transports to return my card to. So the options are:

a) Create a new supply pile for Truck Transports, which can then be purchased.

or

b) Trash it instead of return it to the War Zone, as Truck Transports are never supposed to be purchasable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Rooks
Japan
Kobe
Hyogo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This was in the FAQ. The answer is (a).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Salvato
United States
Carol Stream
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jigmelingpa wrote:
This was in the FAQ. The answer is (a).

Where is this mysterious FAQ? The only one I could find was on the Arclight web site, and google translate didn;t really help much in making it understandable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Rooks
Japan
Kobe
Hyogo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's the only FAQ I know of. Not much help if you can't read Japanese.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Salvato
United States
Carol Stream
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shidara wrote:
"You may return a card from your hand to the War Zone. If you
do: During this turn, one German Army card of your choice gets
its Reinforcement cost (Supply) reduced by 2, to a minimum of 0.

I was re-reading this card, and I suddenly got confused. The card is worded a little vaguely.

Does ASB reduce all copies of the named card, allowing you to potentially buy multiple copies at the reduced cost?

Or does it only modify one copy of the named card that you purchase?

The first interpretation is supported by "During the turn," which implies that its ability can be applied to multiple copies of the named card. Additionally, it says that the card's Reinforcement Cost is reduced, meaning the price to buy copies of the named card is reduced.

However, "one German Army card of your choice" could mean that it's a single card, rather than a card title.

I feel that the intention was that it reduces the cost of an entire deck by 2 for the turn. If it were the second interpretation, wouldn't it be worded differently, like "Reduce the cost of one German Army card you buy this turn by 2 Supply"?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Rooks
Japan
Kobe
Hyogo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Simeon did a great job with his translations for the paste-ups but sometimes his English isn't as clear as the Japanese (while other times it's even clearer). This is a case of the former:

Quote:
プレイボーナス:+1、+1
あなたは手札を1枚選んで戦場に戻してもよい。そうしたなら、この手番中、あなたが選ぶドイツ軍部隊1枚ぶんの増援コストが+2ぶん下がる(ただし最低でも0)

Although I'm not sure seeing the actual Japanese helps you, the highlighted part specifically says that only one card can be bought at a reduced cost.

The "during this turn" part of the text is included to clarify that the ability doesn't carry over when your turn ends.

Also note that you can only buy German Army Cards in this way; other card types (Italians, Supply, Tactics, Deployment, etc) are ineligible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Salvato
United States
Carol Stream
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jigmelingpa wrote:

Although I'm not sure seeing the actual Japanese helps you, the highlighted part specifically says that only one card can be bought at a reduced cost.

Excellent! Thanks for the clarification!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Rooks
Japan
Kobe
Hyogo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You're quite welcome!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Lundström
Sweden
Täby
flag msg tools
Now who are these five?
badge
Come, come, all children who love fairy tales.
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry about that one, and thanks for the pointer. That's the kind of pointers I need to make a translation perfect; unfortunately I'm normally not able to test the translation with people who haven't seen the game before.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.