John Prados' Third Reich» Forums » Rules

Subject: Amphibious assault losses rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
robin mong
France
flag msg tools
I am not sure I understand rule 10.25

"All hits against amphibiously assaulting units and/or PARA must be applied to them (not BRP-satisfied).
Each landing/airdroping unit that suffers at least one hit is reduced or eliminated. "

Does that mean the first hit reduces them, and then the second hit eliminates them ?
So when unloading 2 units, 4 hits from the defenders would repell the landing, regardless how many hits the attackers manage.

Am I right ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Raitt
United Kingdom
Boston
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I read it that for example a 3-4 infantry corps must flip if it absorbs 1,2 or 3 hits. It cannot pay BRP for 1 or 2 hits as it could in regular land combat. Don't amphibious assault occupied hexes with 1 step infantry. They can disappear in a puff of smoke. I like the rule because it makes invasions more susceptible to being driven back into the waves on the turn that they land by a counterattack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
robin mong
France
flag msg tools
Yes that's how we played as well. so it's not as risky as the other interpretation, but there is a good chance to be thrown back on the counter-attack. That's why Overlord has to be massive, with many unloadings here and there so that some of them stay alive and can secure a bridge head.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.