Matthew Taylor
United States
Jacksonville
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm very interested in this game, but I have a hard time getting other players to my table. I tend to play a lot Solo, and I know Devastation of Indines will have a fleshed out Dungeon crawler mode which looks right up my alley,

Question is, should I go ahead and pick up War of Indines or wait till after Devastation comes out. Is there anything to do with War solo, or would it only be good for me for the extra charaters I can run in the dungeons?

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Douglass
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
War of Indines doesn't include any solo play option. In terms of solo play, it would just add characters once you had the Devastation dungeons.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alison Mandible
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
War has no solo modes, but there's a flourishing Play-By-Forum scene around here (which is where I end up getting most of my good plays from).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nerds call me
United States
N Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
grasa_total wrote:
War has no solo modes, but there's a flourishing Play-By-Forum scene around here (which is where I end up getting most of my good plays from).

Yep. We have a league that is going on now and we will be starting up another once Devastation releases if there is interest. I know Brad is working on the BC website to help players connect, although I am not sure what that entails yet. I am super excited for the solo dungeon mode too but, in the mean time, why not pick up War and get into some PbF games?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitko Simidchiev
Bulgaria
Sofia
flag msg tools
Check out our Bulgarian board games site BigBoxGamers.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's not entirely true that War cannot be played solo There are no options out of the box but yaron (sorry, don't know how to link profiles) has a pretty fantastic AI available that you can play against. You can find it in the files section of the WoI page (or you can use the link at the bottom, cuz I'm helpful like that ) I have played against it and it is pretty mean so I strongly recommend it!

Here is the link;
http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/78733/battlecon-interactiv...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nerds call me
United States
N Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good point, I forgot about Yaron's program. It's pretty awesome, I just wish it had all the War characters (13 of 18) and was updated periodically, especially once Devastation releases.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.