Popular Tags: [View All]
Laura Meyer
United Kingdom
Crawley
West Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Our trade copy of Kids of Catan arrived today! We sat down and took out all of the pieces. I really liked the substance of the components and the graphics of the board and instructions. The instructions had a fun story to read to Mike about what we were doing in the game.

Mike is almost 4,
I am 33
Greg Wiggle is a doll
Anthony Wiggle is a doll

Originally I was thinking that Mike and I would play a two player. But he had different plans and invited Greg and Anthony Wiggle to play with us. We divided the pieces.

Mike was White,
I was Red
Greg was yellow (of course)
and Anthony was blue (of course)

Michael, Greg and Anthony caught on much faster then I anticipated. It didn't take long for them to understand that you need to fill the carts up with resources to build a house. They each enjoyed rolling the dice, but had a hard time counting out the spaces on the circular board. I was elected "Meeple Mover".

Jeff and Anthony had some difficulty with dice rolling, and we spent a good amount of time proping them back into the seated position, as they kept falling over--Michael was vigilant in the care of his playmates...

The instructions state that the game takes about 15 minutes. It was well over 45 minutes before we wrapped it up.

We were all winners!

Session Summary:

A very interesting game with my son and his imaginary playmates. Michael learned new skills, and I was very pleased with the mechanics of the game.

Great fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.