Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Mellon
United States
Erie
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We decided we still had time for a 4 player game of Rail Road Tycoon. I am very addicted to this game, with this being my 5th play in 8 days. Of those 5 plays, I’ve only won a 2 player game. I think I need to concentrate on a plan, either take the North East, or stay completely out of it. I had 3 major sections of track: The East, a Western Link back to Chicago, and a network around Chicago, with more links in the upper North East and south east, none of which were more than 5 links long. When everyone started making 4 and 5 link deliveries, I was sitting on 2 and 3 links. I quickly got passed and went from an early 1st place to 3rd.

At one point Beckwith started to gloat about his huge lead, so I started making longer deliveries using everyone but Beckwith’s links, giving them points too. He started to complain, and I mentioned that maybe he should have been a better sport earlier and we wouldn’t have ganged up on him. We all started working together to keep the game going to try and catch him at this point. It was all in good fun, and Crystal actually managed to come from 3rd to win by 1.

I expect this game will see quite a bit of play on Board Game Night for quite a while to come. I’m actually hoping Caylus takes a while to get here, so it can get the attention it deserves when it does show up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.