Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Mellon
United States
Erie
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
At this point Al headed out for the evening, and Beckwith and I we the only ones left. I thought this might happen, so pulled out Zues and Hera. This is a fun, quick 2 player card game, in which you’re trying to get your hostage back from your opponent. It was Beckwith’s first game, but I had played it a ½ a dozen times Monday, so was fairly familiar. After the quick rules explanation we jumped it. I started with a Medusa, Amazon, and Hydra. I went first, and started by using my only Pegasus to pull a card, Dionysus. I drew a card, and dropped a fury behind the Amazon.

Beckwith spent most of his time either building his forces, or using his Pegasus on my front rank, then attacking whatever he saw if he knew he could beat it. It was working well for him and his forces were about twice the size of mine. I continued to assault his hand with my Pegasus and slowly rebuild my forces he kept mauling.

I pivitol point for him was when he used a Pegasus on my hand. I was holding Hades and Persiphone (the one that lets you get 3 Pegasus back). On the next turn I planed on using both cards to grab 6 Pegasus. Alas, he pulled Hades. That saved him 3 cards. Drat.

It was late in the game, both our decks were nearly exausted, and I continued my Pegasus assault on his hand. It finally paid off when I pulled his hostage card. It was a good thing too, as his remaining forces would have taken mine out without some luck. Beckwith said he liked this one a lot more than Dungeon Twister from last week. Now I only have to convince the wife to try it out, to replace lost cities at least for a while.

Next up was Torres. Crystal and Pez had shown up by this time, so it was time to play some bigger games. I ran through the rules and we got started.

Pez went first, then Beckwith, Crystal, and finally me. This was everyone’s first run, but I had read the rules, and played a practice solo game. With some minor rules confusion, I pulled ahead in the first round. My lead stretched quite a bit in round 2, and it was a total runaway on round 3. My plan was to let everyone else build up their castles and I would take 2nd in all of them. It worked quite well, and I doubt it would work again, now that everyone has a game under their belts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.