Subject: votes are secret? Too difficult? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
some were taught (or knew and adapted anyways) that when you vote on whether or not the selected group should go on a mission, the votes are secret just like when resolving the mission itself (shuffle the votes as opposed to just flipping it face up right in front of u). For our games (5p to 8p prominently), it's hard enough winning as the good guys the way it's written in the rules.

Your thoughts?

FYI, I posted this in Avalon forums, but
1) I wanted more exposure by posting it here
2) Some groups may actually play The Resistance this way
3) There's no Merlin/Ass., nor any of the other special roles in this game. However, the official variants with the other special powers may have an impact on this variant

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
Is voting simultaneous and in public, or secret?
The Mission Team Vote - Secret or Revealed?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ax Bits
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently played 2 games with 7 players, of which 5 were novices.

The first game was secret votes. As a spy it was dreadfully boring and I just had to lie about how I was voting every time there was a spy on the team. Spies won easily in round 5 (two spies went on the last mission).

Second game was open votes. With much accusation and reading of votes Resistance won on round 4 (with a lone spy tagging along but unable to do enough damage).

IMO, public votes make the game better otherwise you might as well be playing Werewolf for all information you can glean.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.