Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Mellon
United States
Erie
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Al and I had played the first North Africa campaign from the Wizard’s site. After my glorious victory we decided we’d play the second scenario this week. Al was the axis, and set up his 6 Prds. On the hill closest to me with his tanks in the center, ready to charge forward. I set up with the Pz II’s in the center, one Pz IV on my right flank, and the other 2 on my left flank. The scout car also started in the center.

I won initiative on turn 1, moved the PZ II’s into cover in the hill out of site of the Pdrs. I hoped to soften the AT guns with long range shots from the 4’s before risking the armor 2 tanks against them. Alas, I was able to break probability on almost every roll, but in Al’s favor not mine.

After 2 turns of shooting I merely got 2 disrupts on them. It was time to move up the 2’s and risk losing them if I was ever going to get those pesky guns off that ridge. Meanwhile, both Crusader II’s had been damaged, and a 4 had been dancing with the ‘tall tank’ (can’t use cover, can’t remember it’s name, a Lee, maybe?). Turn three arrived along with Al’s reinforcements, and I finally took out one of the guns, but they had destroyed one of the PZ II’s. I’d also lost my scout car, and had a 2 and 4 disrupted.

I knew it was fairly hopeless at this point, but kept firing on everything, destroying the Lee, and a Crusader II, and leaving one damaged. But the return fire finished off my other Pz II and a PZ IV. I didn’t have enough unitls left to win, so I lost on turn 7.

The North Africa campaign now stands at 1-1. Next week, hopefully the Gerry’s will get some revenge.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ethan McKinney
United States
El Segundo
California
flag msg tools
badge
Hmmm. I'm really hoping Al played the Allies, otherwise you both started out with a lot of captured equipment!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.