Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Moderski
United States
Mcfarland
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmb
For those of you that attend Gen Con, happen to be awake at 8AM and venture in the Boardgame room. You have probably seen me. For the last few years I have run History of the World at the 8AM time slot every day during Gen Con. Well I am trying to branch out. I have someone that is going to cover for me and still run HOTW, but now I need to find a new game to run during the time slot.

This is where I need your help. I am looking for suggestions of games to run at Gen Con 2006. Here are the prerequisites...

1. The slot is 4 hours so I need a game that runs 2-3:30 with new players. Or at least has a turn mechanism where I can cut the game off. For example...in HOTW we usually get through 5-6 turns.
2. Rules are relatively straight forward. Something that takes maybe 15 minutes to explain.
3. Something that is not rare to find. This is really more for me. You can take a look at games that I own but I am not adverse to going out and getting the game if there is a lot of interest (one game of the top of my head that I am thinking of getting is A Game of Thrones)

Thanks for helping me out!

Mike

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Budoris
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
hey!
A friend and I played in the HOTW games you ran last year. There were so many people, we had to divide up into two separate tables (I won at my table, he won at his LOL!) You did a great job as GM, too bad to see you go.

We play AGoT CCG right now. Never played the board game, but would be willing to learn. Count us in if you run it.

PS: I'm looking to purchase HOTW, but its hard to find being out of print. Have looked on Ebay, funagain.com, etc. I'm looking for the version you ran (1993 I think). If you've got a spare copy, I'd pay well! If not, suggestions would be appreciated, thx.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Moderski
United States
Mcfarland
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thanks for the kind words. Our game group is still going to be running HOTW at the 8AM slot and it is in good hands. Expect the same GM quality like last year. I just wanted to expand our "sphere of influnence" in the Board Game Room. (Our game group mostly runs RPGs and LARPs). So I expect to see you playing HOTW one day and one of my games another!

As far as HOTW...I only have one copy. You might want to check the BGG marketplace. The only other thing I can think of is the auction at Gen Con or go to Game Base 7. I know they have a few copies, they might want to sell one of them. Otherwise you are going to have to wait for a few years....my guess is Hasbro will republish someday.

Mike

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.