Team Ski
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
CHOMP!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
UnBoUnd Games just redid the Serpent's Tongue website. It is looking really good and includes a new Walkthrough PDF that explains the game really well. The game system looks really polished and fun!

http://www.becomemagi.com/

-Ski
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Port Saint Lucie
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
While I'm glad to still see some people still enthusiastic about this...personally I wish they would have waited to release an updated webpage maybe a week or two before the kickstarter sets were about to reach backers. To me a new fancy schmancy webpage just tells me that more of our money...went to something that wasn't the product - or more - went to something that wasn't broken...so why exactly are they fixing it?

Do I sound cranky? Good. I am. Yes they received some of the final proofs and they want to tweak some more an make a better product...but at the same time, my interest for this game has long waned from what it once was. What sucks more is, I don't know how I'm going to play this with as the one person who originally agreed to play...had to leave town due to lack of work in the area (yea VFX!) Which means what I had pre-ordered months ago will probably be something more of a collection since I doubt I will find anyone to play this with (I've tried talking the girlfriend into this as well as several other friends...all have given some form of "no")

So here I sit, hoping that the solo adventure will be amazing. That the digital timer won't be cheaply made. That the cards will still look epic and feel epic. That the extra cash I threw in for the Backer Only spell book still goes through (originally I wanted to have on book that was my "main spell book" and the other copies to be either trial spell books for making combos")

Yet, all I have to show for it is several cards I made when the first playtest was released, an unfinished binder, oh and now a new website to try to keep me interested...

and yet...like maybe a fool...(at least that is what I feel like when I compare how I feel about Serpent's Tongue now versus when I first saw the video) I believe this will still be a great "Gaming" experience. This isn't my first kickstarter...so I can understand waiting. However I'm just now gone the way of being a bit...bitter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Pedersen
United States
Oxford
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Tegre wrote:
To me a new fancy schmancy webpage just tells me that more of our money...went to something that wasn't the product - or more - went to something that wasn't broken...so why exactly are they fixing it?

Different people have different levels of disagreement with much of what you said, but I will take particular exception with this specific statement. Saying that their previous website wasn't broken is simply wrong.

The design didn't work on phones pretty much at all. The layout sucked. The organization sucked. The ability to find anything sucked. The information was outdated beyond belief. People had stopped talking on it.

The only way you can say that the website wasn't broken is in one fact: It was up and served data. Outside of that, in every meaningful way, it was broken.

So, they've released something to help rekindle interest. They're looking to sell enough copies to sell out their initial run and justify a bigger second order, and they're looking to do it before it goes to print. All of which is good, and I applaud them for it. And it's something they couldn't do with their old website. No way.

Frustration is understandable. But on this specific point, I'm going to have to say that you're wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Wright
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Tegre wrote:
just tells me that more of our money...went to something that wasn't the product

I'd like to take the time to assure you that most of our team works on ST for love of the game. The website, for example, was overhauled by one of the president's brothers, who works during the day and does free web design for us during the night.
I'm not involved in company finances, but I'm pretty sure 100% of the kick-starter funds go directly into making the game, or improving it, or legal expenses.

Thanks for the excitement!

sooooooooon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Paul Messerly
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
Nice I can actually find the news section now! I'm starting to get excited about ST again.

I also just discovered the shot of the game box and the walkthrough PDF. Its great so see so much new information coming out now...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gunnar Gabrielson
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
Thanks for the feedback on the website. The design elements (smokey black) turned out pretty nice imo. Site still needs a ton of work though, and it is still an intermediary site for us. Once the game is being printed we'll be hard at work on the final site which will include the Avak'Shar marketplace, Ordo Pincipium features, and tons of ARG and other cool elements.

We're all very excited to be coming up on the end of the development for this game and get it into peoples hands, because then the fun REALLY begins by being able to share and play it and experience all of the rich ARG elements we have planned!

If everything goes well maybe most of us can quit our day jobs and work for Unbound full time. I've been not only working a full time day job, but finishing university as well (I graduate next week!) so it's been a challenge!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Esa Ryömä
Finland
Helsinki
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gunnar:
Oh my god! I've been working half-a-job for some years and still aren't able to graduate
Congratulations!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.