Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bryan
United States
Benwood
West Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I downloaded the vassal X-Wing game, but I can't get the expansion ships to work. I created a folder in the Vassal game for X-wing and put everything I need in the folder but when I open the game the expansion ships are not there to choose. I am not sure what I am doing wrong?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Hughes
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is only from my knowledge of other VASSAL games, I haven't tried X-Wing on it yet...

But, you usually have to load expansions into VASSAL. Open the module, and one of your menu options should be LOAD EXTENSION. Choose the downloaded extension(s) in the open-file box and that should stick them in game...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan
United States
Benwood
West Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!!

It did not work that way, but I right clicked the 4.1 before load up, and there was a menu. It said add extention. I added them all and I have all the expansions. Thanks for all the help. I am not sure if I would have got it if not for the advice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Brinkman
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Zarash wrote:
Thanks!!

It did not work that way, but I right clicked the 4.1 before load up, and there was a menu. It said add extention. I added them all and I have all the expansions. Thanks for all the help. I am not sure if I would have got it if not for the advice.

Also there is a great 4 part tutorial on Youtube title something like x wing vassal part 1 part 2 etc. you figured out part 1 but 2 3 4 go into how to save lists and use the system as well. I have been looking at setting up some test builds to try out on there. Shoot me a pm if you are interested in a game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.