Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tim Thorp
United States
Granite Falls
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
"Come on! Come on! Come and get it, baby! Come on! I don't got all day! Come on! Come on! Come on you bastard! Come on, you too! Oh, you want some of this? "
mbmbmbmbmb
Is the First edition Runebound compatible with all the expansions (Isle of Dread and so forth)? I got 1st Edition in a trade just a month before they announced, and I'd rather use it, if it's compatible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Daneman
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Unfortunately it's not compatible with the two 2nd edition adventure deck expansions. The main problem is that they changed to 2d10 instead of 1d20 in the 2nd edition, which means all the 1st edition characters and monsters are way too weak. You'll probably still be able to use most of the market cards from the market card expansions though.

You could also still use it with IoD since it replaces all the adventure cards and the board. You'll just have to tweak the character stats of the 1st edition characters (if you want to use them) to match 2nd edition and use 2d10 instead of 1d20. Basically just follow 2nd edition rules instead of 1st.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent
United States
San Ramon
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
The only expansion that is compatible is Shadows of Margath. Otherwise, expansions are for second edition only.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The expansions have been designed for the 2nd edition, but with a few house rules they should be playable with the 1st edition... Certainly FFG have posted notes on how to play Isle of Dread with 1st edition.
http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/runebound_designnotes2.htm...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magic Pink
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Mishenka wrote:
Unfortunately it's not compatible with the two 2nd edition adventure deck expansions.

I thought there were six not two.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Daneman
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Magic Pink wrote:
Mishenka wrote:
Unfortunately it's not compatible with the two 2nd edition adventure deck expansions.

I thought there were six not two.

There are actually 4 adventure deck expansions to be perfectly accurate: Terrors of the Tomb, Dark Forest, Sceptor of Kyros, and Crown of the Eldar King. However, while the first two just mix into the existing adventure decks, the last actually replace some of the decks (typically blue, and/or red). I sort of forgot about these last two, but I suppose they wouldn't be compatible either.
The other 2 expansions that are out now are for the Market deck: Artifacts & Allies and Relics of Legend. These two would probably work ok with 1st edition (possibly with a little tweaking on some cards).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimbo Carroll
United States
Garland,
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it just me or is FFG taking a page from the Warhammer world. Phasing out older editions of Twilight Imperium and Runebound, or am I just being paranoid?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magic Pink
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Dimbus wrote:
Is it just me or is FFG taking a page from the Warhammer world. Phasing out older editions of Twilight Imperium and Runebound, or am I just being paranoid?

Not really. They just bring out new versions. It's not like making the new version makes the old versions unplayable and there's no official tourneys to limit what can actually be played.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.