Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joshua Githens
United States
Piedmont
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have two games in mind that I can't recall the names of right now. One is about 15 years old, and the other is a new title from last year.

I'll start with the new one.
It's a four player game dealing with crop irrigation. Players bid to be the "canal master"(?). During the round each player chooses a crop and places it on the board. To stay active the crop must touch one of the irrigation pieces (a blue narrow wooden bit about 2" long). Score points based on area of control of crops, 5 contiguous potato patches etc. I think it's a one word title.

The old game was given to me in Germany when I lived with my father overseas (army). It was a naval submarine war game. The board was huge, like a twister mat (I can't recall if it was a hard board or a vinyl mat) that went on the floor. Each player (2) set up their various ships, and had a submarine equipped with a rubberband powered disc shooter. The red discs loaded in the top of the sub and fed down to the bottom where the pullback piece was to fire them.

You would aim at your opponents ships as each one had a slot a bit wider than the fired disc that when struck ejected their respective ship tower. It seemend kind of like a giant version of Battleship, but you knew where the other guy was, you just had to use skill to hit his ships.

Please help, especially with the 2nd game, I'm looking to purchase that one.

Josh
joshuagithens@hotmail.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim K.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
First one sounds like Santiago. No idea on the second one, but it sounds cool.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Githens
United States
Piedmont
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Santiago it is, I couldn't get the name out of my mouth for some reason.

Thanks.

Josh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Thorp
United States
Granite Falls
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
"Come on! Come on! Come and get it, baby! Come on! I don't got all day! Come on! Come on! Come on you bastard! Come on, you too! Oh, you want some of this? "
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe the second one is Torpedo Run:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/2457

Sold mine 3 months ago. Box is freakin' HUGE!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Bond
United States
Gulfport
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, second one has to be Torpedo Run. Had that one years ago, but never really had the chance to play it much since I never had the floor space.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucio Rodriguez
United States
Riverside
California
flag msg tools
designer
Yep, more words here.
badge
This is overtext. Man, what an awesome use of 100 geekgold! :)
mbmbmbmbmb

Man, I actually knew these, but you guys are too fast. One day, one day I shall help someone!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Githens
United States
Piedmont
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is why the Geek is awesome. THanks a lot guys. Now I can try to find a copy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.