jeremy hammond
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
City of Shadows:
1. so it says 1 more additional gold to bring out of shadows. So if the card is out of house and it cost s1, does that mean it would cost 2 or 3 gold?

Naval Enhancement (attacking):

1. When a card says if you have a participating "ship symbol" character, I assume that means the character is naval supporting, not just regularly participating?

2. So if I'm being attacked and my opponent stealths my naval guy, I obviously know that mean he can't straight block, but could he naval support if its the correct icon?

Stealth:

So there are a lot of cards that if a character is bypassed by stealth then X happens. Here is a question I never really thought of before. If I'm for example attacking with intrigue, can I stealth a character without an intrigue icon or do you have to stealth an eligible character? Just seems sneaky (dirty) to attack stealth a character who can't participate anyway to say kneel if bypassed and then attack in a challenge he/she would have been eligible.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Le Psquadou
Canada
Gatineau
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm still new to the naval enhancement,

but for the city of shadows, yes if it's 'house X only' out of house card, it costs one additional gold in addition of the 2 gold penalty for an out of house card totaling a 3 gold penalty

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Rice
United States
LIHUE
HI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
aphexboy wrote:
but for the city of shadows, yes if it's 'house X only' out of house card, it costs one additional gold in addition of the 2 gold penalty for an out of house card totaling a 3 gold penalty

This is not true. Bringing a card out of Shadows is not the same as Playing a card during the Marshalling Phase.

When a card is “put into play” by an effect, it bypasses all restrictions, including paying any gold cost or penalty.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Ach
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kidohearts wrote:
City of Shadows:
1. so it says 1 more additional gold to bring out of shadows. So if the card is out of house and it cost s1, does that mean it would cost 2 or 3 gold?

No, as others have said, the out-of-house shadows cards will not have the normal out of house gold penalty, just the one ascribed to it by the agenda of +1 to bring it out of shadows.

kidohearts wrote:

1. When a card says if you have a participating "ship symbol" character, I assume that means the character is naval supporting, not just regularly participating?

It means that it must be declared as an attacker or defender through the naval mechanic, not during the regular framework windows of declaring attackers or defenders.

kidohearts wrote:
2. So if I'm being attacked and my opponent stealths my naval guy, I obviously know that mean he can't straight block, but could he naval support if its the correct icon?

Nope, stealthed means it can't be declared as a defender, and since the naval mechanic still uses the term "declare" to jump in a naval character, if it is stealthed during the "declare defenders" framework action window, then it can't be declared as a defender even through the naval mechanic. However, you could still jump it in during the player action window after attackers are declared and before defenders are declared.

kidohearts wrote:
Stealth:

So there are a lot of cards that if a character is bypassed by stealth then X happens. Here is a question I never really thought of before. If I'm for example attacking with intrigue, can I stealth a character without an intrigue icon or do you have to stealth an eligible character? Just seems sneaky (dirty) to attack stealth a character who can't participate anyway to say kneel if bypassed and then attack in a challenge he/she would have been eligible.

Thanks

Yes, you can stealth any character. I think you're probably referring to Lost Oasis. An excellent card, and precisely for this reason. Sure, it's dirty; it's A Game of Thrones. devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Le Psquadou
Canada
Gatineau
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
andy.rice@att.net wrote:
aphexboy wrote:

This is not true. Bringing a card out of Shadows is not the same as Playing a card during the Marshalling Phase.

When a card is “put into play” by an effect, it bypasses all restrictions, including paying any gold cost or penalty.

Oo wait... You are saying that whatever the house there is no penalty for putting and bringing a card out of shadows??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Mills
United States
Los Angeles
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
aphexboy wrote:
andy.rice@att.net wrote:
aphexboy wrote:

Oo wait... You are saying that whatever the house there is no penalty for putting and bringing a card out of shadows??

That's correct. You'll notice that ALL shadows cards that are not neutral have the "House X only" restriction on them. Thus, if you're playing Lannister, the ONLY way you're going to be able to use Shadows Arya in your deck is if you're running the City of Shadows agenda.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MD Chis
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mb
danach81 wrote:
kidohearts wrote:

It means that it must be declared as an attacker or defender through the naval mechanic, not during the regular framework windows of declaring attackers or defenders.

The text kodohearts chose is likely too generic and as such this might not cover the situations where [Naval] is considered.

A [Naval] attacker is an attacker declared using the [Naval] ability. Same for a [Naval] defender. If they are declared during the normal framework action of declare attacker or defender, they are not a [Naval] attacker or defender. They are not a [Naval] attacker or defender if they become participants through any means other than the [Naval] ability.

There are cards that will just have an effect based on a character having an appropriately enhanced icon. If the game is simply looking for a participating character with a [Naval] military icon, the character with the [Naval] military icon did not need to enter the challenge with the [Naval] ability.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.